mtbr member

WVP/CR TM/Sandy clean up 11/10 9am

We are going to start the long process of clearing the trails at Washington Valley/Chimney Rock this Saturday 11/10. There are so many trees down that some will be left & rerouted around. The parks assessment is that there might be 5 times as many trees down than the snow storm from last year. We will begin on the Blue trail first. The County has the chainsaws & any other tools needed will be supplied. Even if you can only be there for a short time it will help. We are meeting at 9am at Newmans Lane. Hope to see some of you there.
    Jersey Off-Road Bicycle Association- Advocate, Educate and Conserve
    You Dig? WWW.JORBA.ORG

WWW.MTBNJ.COM

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Is there a snow date ?
    trlridr

mtbr member
    snow shouldn't be an issue. hope you can make it out.
    You Dig? WWW.JORBA.ORG

WWW.MTBNJ.COM

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Kirt, thank the gang for the trail work, im sure theres lots more to do ,I saw the trucks and cars in the lot unfortunatly I have a tree service and have been working 7 days a week doing cleanups and removing trees from cars and houses , I will try to make the nxt one , if i do get a chance to get back in the trails I will do what i can as always . im sure theres lots of small things to do .
    trlridr

mtbr member
    Sorry for not posting up after Saturdays clean up. We cleared most of outer Blue. We had to reroute around bunch of the downed monsters. Some of those will be permanent while others will hopefully be removed & we will have the original trail reopened 9possibly not until the spring time) The reroutes will all need some work as we mostly just raked go arounds for the time being.

Update as of today 11/14 All of the Blue trail (including connectors) are now cleared or rerouted around. So you can do Blue loops if you are Jonesing for a ride.

We don't have another date scheduled yet but are working on it. Probably won't be until the first or second weekend in Dec. due to a bunch of different reasons. In the mean time the Rangers will keep tackling sections during the week.

Thank to everyone that came out on Sat, there was at least 15 of us at 1 point. Very nice turnout.
    You Dig? WWW.JORBA.ORG

WWW.MTBNJ.COM