mtbr member

Would anyone like to ride this week?

Well I'm home from college and all my riding buds are still in school for another 2 weeks. Anyone up for a ride? I'd like to ride with someone who knows Allamuchy well because when I went I think I found the worst trails ever and I would like someone to change my mind since everyone says they have great singletrack. And I would like to hit up Lewis morris this week hopefully the rain holds off. Any takers? Any other places within 30 min drive from Hunterdon county is welcome.
    Mary ss shenanigans

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

How about...

How is Wed night? You can pick which section of the park we ride in. I can be ready to ride around 5:30. One thing, I have not been riding much so I cant promise to set the world on fire if thats what your looking for.

Anyway drop me an email at allamuchy at jorba dot org and we can line something up.

Bob W.
    www.JORBA.org
    You Dig?
    "The rides to short to not kick against the pricks" M.F.

mtbr member
    You were thinking Allamuchy? Do you know the place well. Your skill and w/e doesn't matter I would just like to ride with someone who knows the place pretty well. Meet at 5:30? Any place in particular you'd like to meet at the park? Lets keep an eye on the weather.
    Mary ss shenanigans

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Allamuchy

Yup, talking about Allamuchy. Yeah pick which section you would like to ride in (North, Deer Park, or Stephens) and I can give you directions to the parking area. Just decide what type of ride you want and how much tecnical.

BTW, I know the park fairly well.
    www.JORBA.org
    You Dig?

mtbr member
    Well which side are you more fond of? Throw the best of Allamuchy at me.
    I would be coming from Long Valley. I'm not sure where I would meet you I do have a GPS unit if you have an address.
    Lets keep an eye on the weather.
    Mary ss shenanigans

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Lets ride North

The North side is fun and has a good mix of trail. So based on the weather lets say 5:30 a the Tranquility trail head. From LV, come over the hill to Hackettstown and head north of Rt 517. Once you go over Rt 80 you will go approx 1.5 miles and see a dirt road on your rt. Turn on to the dirt road take to the trail head. If you miss the turn you will pass the Tranquility Fram Stand, turn around and make the left onto the dirt road.

Will be driving a silver Toyota Taco.
    www.JORBA.org
    You Dig?

mtbr member
    Ight, I will be in a small white acura coupe. Weather is looking cloudy lets keep an eye on it through out the day tomorrow. I'd rather not ride in the rain if thats ok with you. I will probibaly get there a tad early, maybe look around a bit.
    Mary ss shenanigans

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Map

If you want to download a map of the marked trails go here: http://www2.jorba.org/index.php?titl...hy_Trail_Users

Keep in mind these are only the marked trails, there are approx 40 miles of trail total in the north section.
    www.JORBA.org
    You Dig?

mtbr member
    Bob I'm sorry but I forgot I have a eye doctor appointment today at 4pm and riding with dialed pupils might not be the best of ideas. I hope you get this before this afternoon. I would like to do this another time.
    Mary ss shenanigans

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Next Week

No problem, let me know how you look next week if you would like. I am busy the rest of the week and weekend.
    www.JORBA.org
    You Dig?