All Mountain all the way
    Jul 2006

Where are some great places to ride in Hackettstown?

I just moved to Hackettstown, and I'm wondering if there are a lot of good places to ride. This is a more rural area (relatively speaking), so I have some hope there will be some great places to ride here!

Thanks!
    My Prophet 1000 is awesome

Icebiker

Welcome to the most under-rated riding area in the NE

From H-town, you've got 3 great areas to ride in, pretty much right out of town... ride north into Stephens State Park. Bunch of riding in there. You can then connect to the Deer Park section of Allamuchy State Park. Good moderate trailage in there...SS friendly...then, with a bit of creative work on the nearby rail bed, you can cross under I-80, ride into Waterloo Historic Village, go across the street and you're in Allamuchy's north section, a massive area of at least 40 miles of trail. Oh, and there's a fourth option..ride up the Sussex rail trail on the east side of Allamuchy North, and you'll hit Kittatiny Valley state park (KVSP)...got about 12 miles of sweet flowy stuff in there... Oh, and just across the river in PA, more riding....might need a car to get there, but whoo-hoo, good stuff.

Check jorba.org or mtbnj.com for maps, locations, advice, forums, trail maintenance

Also, look out for the various endurance races held at Allamuchy...24 hours, 12 hours, 50K, etc...you have found riding nirvana, and it's in your backyard.

Greg

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Don't know if it's your thing or not, but there are some dirt jumps behind the Burger King in Hackettstown.

All Mountain all the way
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugeye
    From H-town, you've got 3 great areas to ride in, pretty much right out of town... ride north into Stephens State Park. Bunch of riding in there. You can then connect to the Deer Park section of Allamuchy State Park. Good moderate trailage in there...SS friendly...then, with a bit of creative work on the nearby rail bed, you can cross under I-80, ride into Waterloo Historic Village, go across the street and you're in Allamuchy's north section, a massive area of at least 40 miles of trail. Oh, and there's a fourth option..ride up the Sussex rail trail on the east side of Allamuchy North, and you'll hit Kittatiny Valley state park (KVSP)...got about 12 miles of sweet flowy stuff in there... Oh, and just across the river in PA, more riding....might need a car to get there, but whoo-hoo, good stuff.

Check jorba.org or mtbnj.com for maps, locations, advice, forums, trail maintenance

Also, look out for the various endurance races held at Allamuchy...24 hours, 12 hours, 50K, etc...you have found riding nirvana, and it's in your backyard.

Greg
    Wow! This is really awesome information! I used to live in Parsippany, and I thought I was in a great area because I had access to Morristown. But the sound of things, I've moved to an even better area, and more convenient at that!

I really can't wait to do some serious mountain biking this summer!
    My Prophet 1000 is awesome

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Businezguy
    Wow! This is really awesome information! I used to live in Parsippany, and I thought I was in a great area because I had access to Morristown. But the sound of things, I've moved to an even better area, and more convenient at that!

I really can't wait to do some serious mountain biking this summer!

If you are interested in learning more about the north section of Allamuchy State Park, there is a Jorba TM session being held on May 13th. Great time to meet new people from the area & learn some of the trails in there. Check out Jorba.org for more details.