Future Rainbow Jersey

Where to get a frame custom painted in NJ?

Anyone know where to get a frame custom painted, preferably within a 20 mile radius of the Princeton area? I'm just curious as it seems like an interesting option in the future in case I get tired of my current frame color. If there is such a place, anyone have an idea as to how much it would cost? Thanks!
    "If I can't work to make it...I'll rob to take it..."

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Future Rainbow Jersey
    Thanks Clutch!

Apologies, I should of done a search first, but who knew an exact thread existed already? I wrote off the search feature too quickly I guess.

Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    There is a place on 518 north of Lambertville that can do it, I'm not sure but it may be called Wheelfine cycles. I called them last year about painting a frame for me.

Future Rainbow Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by fleshandbone
    There is a place on 518 north of Lambertville that can do it, I'm not sure but it may be called Wheelfine cycles. I called them last year about painting a frame for me.
    You know, I've passed that place dozens of times and never stopped in. I'll have to give them a shout if I decide to do this. Have you ever stopped in there? Is it a good shop?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Feel free to contact me for your Powder Coating needs

Michael White

www.whitesmotorcycles.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    There is a place in Waretown just south of Sea Side on 9 cant remember the name found them in the back of Velo News. They claim they specialize in bicycle frames.

Is flexy
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttle Twister
    There is a place in Waretown just south of Sea Side on 9 cant remember the name found them in the back of Velo News. They claim they specialize in bicycle frames.

Thats the color factory. I had a frame painted by them last year and it came out alright. I think if I got something with less pivots than my DH bike painted it would have come out great. Either way for the price it was great and fast service as well.

mtbr member
    im going to start doing some home anodizing soon. looking for people who will kick a few bucks to let me try some small parts like handlebars and junk.

Is flexy
    Does stuff need to be bare metal to ano? Like for instance say you had black bars... you couldn't change the colors on those could you? Just curious.