banned

Where did everybody go?

Did the tick or chiggers scare you guys & gals out of the woods? Or is everybody riding? We need some e-entertainement, or e-stupidity, or e-grudges.

Well to stir the pot, I just purchased a Moots. Well not really. Lets hear some funny stories or something!!

mtbr member
    Raining fire out by you yet?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idbrian
    Raining fire out by you yet?
    The only real fire we've had was the one raining from Uncle Sam's F-16. . Um, that was a major f-up, ironically it was close to where the fighter jets shot up a high school by accident - a few years back

JORBA
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat tyres
    Did the tick or chiggers scare you guys & gals out of the woods? Or is everybody riding? We need some e-entertainement, or e-stupidity, or e-grudges.

Well to stir the pot, I just purchased a Moots. Well not really. Lets hear some funny stories or something!!
    I've been riding in the rain forrest.Not when they were muddy....of course.
    Frank Harms
    JORBA President
    frank at jorba.org

mtbr member
    so much for e-grudges.

mtbr member
    Yup, riding a bit. Good mix of commuting to work on the SS roadie bike and hitting jumps with the DJ rig. Only 1 XC/trail ride this season so far. Digging a bunch as well and hopefully some more now with the rain yesterday.

BTW, what the hell are chiggers?

JORBA
    Quote Originally Posted by defconfour

BTW, what the hell are chiggers?
    Chiggers are like little fleas......they suck. If you get them, they itch so bad you want to douse yourself with gasoline and light a match. You can avoid them with Deep Woods Off, it helps a lot. But I still get them at least once a year.check this link.
    http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2100.html
    Frank Harms
    JORBA President
    frank at jorba.org

mtbr member
    Yikes, those little guys sound as evil as ticks. I'll keep an eye out for the little ^&*%s.

JORBA

Almost Worse

Aside from the possibility of Lymes, they are worse. I have never had just one. It seems like you pick up a colony of them when you get infested. I'm sure a lot of riders mistake it for poison ivy, etc. If you do get them, ask your doctor for Lindaine (spelling?) it's a lotion that kills them. Just some FYI.
    Frank Harms
    JORBA President
    frank at jorba.org

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

We are riding!

I've been riding whenever I can. I have done 3 All Girls Day rides, 2 XC races, 2 Downhill races, and numerous beginner rides,....oh,....and playing on my SS,...so much fun. Hope the race holds off for tonight. Hummm, going for a light road ride for lunch.
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org

banned
    Finally - we have life on the NJ board.

I am in week 2 of the chigger infestation, luckily I only picked up a few. They live in tall grass, like 12inch grassy fields........they get under your skin and iritate the shichit out of you ankles.

As far as ticks, I have been lucky, but my dog has not, he got lymns this spring, not fun for him, not cheap for me. I suggest investing in front line if you ride with a four legger.

JORBA
    I am in week 2 of the chigger infestation, luckily I only picked up a few.
    Hey Flats,
    Call the doc and tell him that you got chiggers and get an Rx for Lyndane. It knocks the itch down to 2 days.
    Frank Harms
    JORBA President
    frank at jorba.org

mtbr member
    according to the articles i read today, due to the sparked concern made by this thread, chiggers don't actually bury under your skin.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I don't know about chiggers, but I ride in a tick infested area. I ride in my old army pants because they tie at the ankles. They help shrug off the thorn bushes, too. The only problem riding that way is it gets hot, but I keep hydrated so no worries...
    Anyone going to brave the weather and go for a ride today? I'm thinking about giving it a try in maybe a half hour or so. I'm staying local today, as my brave little forester drove off to subaru heaven this morning.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idbrian
    according to the articles i read today, due to the sparked concern made by this thread, chiggers don't actually bury under your skin.
    Sorry to mislead you idrideonceayear, here's the skinny on chiggers:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question488.htm

it's just baby phat..

i've been riding. i've been posting rides.

phat

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Allaire beginners ride

last night was great. The weatherman said rain, but all we had was beautiful sunshine and some wind. Without posting, we had 14 riders, 4 new to the Tuesday beginner ride. Hoping to get up to "The Rock" (chimney that is) and try out those new bridges.
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org

mtbr member

Gone nowhere; going somewhere

38th day on the bike since May last night with lots more riding to come. Heading to Italy for two weeks end of June. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to rent a bike and do some exploring in the cities we'll be visiting.

mtbr member
    Sorry to mislead you idrideonceayear, here's the skinny on chiggers:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question488.htm
    does learning make you angry?