Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    bikeaholic
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    662

    Wawwayanda conditions - Sitting Bear Trail

    Thanks to whoever put the effort in to clean up this trail! I rode it yesterday and it looks like someone just went from one end to the other with a leaf blower... fantastic. Trails are so much more fun to ride when you can actually see the rocks instead of guessing. Even the dirt was nice and tacky. Great job! It's such a fun place to ride.

  2. #2
    Ghost Rider
    Reputation: MannyL358's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    86
    I was there Saturday testing a new camera and noticed ...kudos!


  3. #3
    'Tis but a scratch
    Reputation: huffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,790
    Thanks for mentioning it. I was there today so I hit Sitting Bear from south to north. It was in great shape! And there are indeed plenty of rocks to see!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: loggerhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyL358 View Post
    I was there Saturday testing a new camera and noticed ...kudos!

    Awesome video. Been awhile since I've been there. Going there this Sun. on a group ride. Nice to see another Titus out there.

  5. #5
    bikeaholic
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by loggerhead View Post
    Awesome video. Been awhile since I've been there. Going there this Sun. on a group ride. Nice to see another Titus out there.
    I rode with a guy named Jeff that was on a Titus at Waway just a few hours ago. Is that you? If so, that was a killer ride dude!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: loggerhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I rode with a guy named Jeff that was on a Titus at Waway just a few hours ago. Is that you? If so, that was a killer ride dude!
    No, sorry, my name is Patrick. Went on the ride yesterday there. Long gone are all the fire-roads. Lots of technical single-track now.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    585
    Not to bring bad news to you all, but blowing the leaves off the trail is bad for the trail. Especially this year where heavy rains have washed so much soil away, it is really important to let the leaves mulch back into the soil. Yes the first week the leaves fall may be a bit sketchy riding, but in a few weeks, the trails will be better than a month before.

    Please do not rake or blow leaves off the trails!

  8. #8
    Ghost Rider
    Reputation: MannyL358's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    86
    Good to know Ellen ...Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by pixy View Post
    Not to bring bad news to you all, but blowing the leaves off the trail is bad for the trail. Especially this year where heavy rains have washed so much soil away, it is really important to let the leaves mulch back into the soil. Yes the first week the leaves fall may be a bit sketchy riding, but in a few weeks, the trails will be better than a month before.

    Please do not rake or blow leaves off the trails!

  9. #9
    'Tis but a scratch
    Reputation: huffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by pixy View Post
    Not to bring bad news to you all, but blowing the leaves off the trail is bad for the trail. Especially this year where heavy rains have washed so much soil away, it is really important to let the leaves mulch back into the soil. Yes the first week the leaves fall may be a bit sketchy riding, but in a few weeks, the trails will be better than a month before.

    Please do not rake or blow leaves off the trails!
    I rode this trail again recently and had a whole different perspective after reading the trail maintenance advice of 'pixy'. I would totally agree. I was actually thinking, maybe this trail wouldn't be so rocky and rooty if the leaves were left to decompose and fill in some cracks. So, as much as it seemed nice to see the obstacles, hopefully the well intentioned leaf blower can just let nature takes its course. Good advice 'pixy'

Similar Threads

  1. Trail conditions @ Big Bear
    By mtnbikegirl in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 07:11 PM
  2. Big Bear rides and conditions
    By pachaven in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 12:17 PM
  3. Big Bear Race Conditions?
    By gmky in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 04:50 PM
  4. Bear Brook conditions
    By dan0 in forum Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 02:02 PM
  5. Lair O The Bear Conditions?
    By Jdub in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 02:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •