Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    53

    Wawayanda Registration...

    Closes in 1 week. Remember the entry price goes up $10 the day of the event. All pre-registered riders get an event t-shirt.

    Advantages of pre-registration include above mentioned t-shirt, $10 less entry fee (ok so there is a $2.40 cost for Bikereg but its still $7.60 less than day of reg), your waiver and number will be waiting for you, sign the waiver, pay your $5 one day license fee (if applicable) and move on to warm-up.

    Annual licenses will be sold day of but it would be a good idea to go to www.usacycling.org and purchase yours online. Remember to print off the permission to ride when you renew if you don't receive your license in time.

    Pre-registration makes things go much easier for all involved.

    We have a super fast course ready that has probably already seen a couple hundred laps over the last few weeks. It is not an easy course but one that will get you ready for the rest of the series.

    The course will even be good with some moisture if it comes but we hope it won't.

    Remember all State Park Laws in effect which means no alcoholic beverages. The Park Police will ticket for this offense and it makes the Mtn Biking community look bad too.

    Hope to see you all out on May 4th.

    Black Bear Cycling

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pdm362's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikeman0565
    Closes in 1 week. Remember the entry price goes up $10 the day of the event. All pre-registered riders get an event t-shirt.

    Advantages of pre-registration include above mentioned t-shirt, $10 less entry fee (ok so there is a $2.40 cost for Bikereg but its still $7.60 less than day of reg), your waiver and number will be waiting for you, sign the waiver, pay your $5 one day license fee (if applicable) and move on to warm-up.

    Annual licenses will be sold day of but it would be a good idea to go to www.usacycling.org and purchase yours online. Remember to print off the permission to ride when you renew if you don't receive your license in time.

    Pre-registration makes things go much easier for all involved.

    We have a super fast course ready that has probably already seen a couple hundred laps over the last few weeks. It is not an easy course but one that will get you ready for the rest of the series.

    The course will even be good with some moisture if it comes but we hope it won't.

    Remember all State Park Laws in effect which means no alcoholic beverages. The Park Police will ticket for this offense and it makes the Mtn Biking community look bad too.

    Hope to see you all out on May 4th.

    Black Bear Cycling
    I've already pre-registered for the race... is there a chance to check out what the t-shirts look like?

    Paul
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

    Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

  3. #3
    Roof Rack Shredder
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    17

    My First Time...

    Well, I am registered for the race - my first ever event. I have exchanged posts with many of you over the last year - please keep a look out for a Newbie on a Blue/Black Trek 4500. I will be wearing a very ugly (mostly yellow and red) "SCHNADER WHEELS OF JUSTICE" bike shirt.

    Please take time to stop and introduce yourself as I am walking up this brutal uphill section that I keep hearing about

    If you don't have time to stop - just yell "RIDE, MATT, RIDE" or other words of encouragement as you pass by

    Look forward to meeting you all!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pdm362's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Tamasco
    Well, I am registered for the race - my first ever event. I have exchanged posts with many of you over the last year - please keep a look out for a Newbie on a Blue/Black Trek 4500. I will be wearing a very ugly (mostly yellow and red) "SCHNADER WHEELS OF JUSTICE" bike shirt.

    Please take time to stop and introduce yourself as I am walking up this brutal uphill section that I keep hearing about

    If you don't have time to stop - just yell "RIDE, MATT, RIDE" or other words of encouragement as you pass by

    Look forward to meeting you all!
    how did you end up doing in the race? It was my first time and I had a blast. came in third place but in a very small field.
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

    Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

  5. #5
    Roof Rack Shredder
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    17
    Babysitter did not show up

    I was in touch with you last year about a possible team for Allamuchy... I am in much better shape this year - but having two kids and a working wife make it hard to coordinate this stuff. Though I missed the race - I went to Lewis Morris in the afternoon and had probably the best ride of the year (which means I did not have to walk any hills...).

    Did you race Beginner or Sport? I will look for you at the next race.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pdm362's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    286
    I raced beginner. The next race I am doing will be the Lewis Morris Challenge. I am in the military and I have a training weekend during the Tymor race. At least I get one drop. Hopefully I don't miss anymore races otherwise I get DQ'd from the series. Yeah I remember trying to get a team for Allamuchy.

    Paul
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

    Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hourican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    38
    Does anyone know where the results are posted?

  8. #8
    Road Bike Review Member
    Reputation: ridenfish39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    147
    Was the course muddy? I didn't want to drive 21/2 hours to do a mud bog.
    Air Nine One Nine, and a few Cannondale....rip Salsa
    ...work is something I'm forced to do between riding and fishing

  9. #9
    Born Annoyed
    Reputation: Panhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    174
    Hourican- you can find the results at www.h2hrace.com they should be up by the end of the week.
    The course wasn't to muddy it really dried up later in the day. It really has to get wet to turn that place into a mud bog
    It's ALWAYS funny when it happens to somebody else
    Lookie at what I found- http://www.f88me.com check it out, now

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NJ-XC-Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,057
    Quote Originally Posted by pdm362
    At least I get one drop. Hopefully I don't miss anymore races otherwise I get DQ'd from the series.
    Well you don't get DQ'ed, you just lose points for each additional race you miss after the first. Last year people still won their division after missing a few races because they did so well in the ones they showed up for.

    Don't forget your paydirt -- if you're going for the series title it'll make the difference.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pdm362's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-XC-Justin
    Well you don't get DQ'ed, you just lose points for each additional race you miss after the first. Last year people still won their division after missing a few races because they did so well in the ones they showed up for.

    Don't forget your paydirt -- if you're going for the series title it'll make the difference.
    sweet i didn't know this. Cool. I am doing paydirt, going to Round Valley this Saturday to get things started.
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

    Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •