'Tis but a scratch

Wawayanda - conditions

My last couple of attempts at Wawayanda have been met with tough trails. On the 13th I approached from the boat launch at the north end of the lake. That was right after several warm days and it was deep slush.

Today I came at it from the south starting by Banker and Cherry Ridge. Snow is much crunchier, but still a couple inches thick and hasn't been packed by trail traffic yet. I actually bailed out and went over to Jungle Habitat. Good riding there!

Has anybody had any better luck approaching from a different spot? Or is it just a case of more snow here than Ringwood, Ramapo, Jungle? I've successfully ridden these parks in the last week or so.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Yes, Waway got much more snow than Jungle or RW. It also takes a tad longer to melt and drain. I have been staying out of there unless to XC ski.

'Tis but a scratch
    Its such a bummer...love that place! I guess it will just be that much nicer to get back after the thaw.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    As of today, about a foot of snow. So maybe some time to thaw. I agree it will be great when we can all get back in there on bikes. Winter just is.

'Tis but a scratch
    I managed to get out there on Thursday before the storm. There was about an inch of snow on everything. It was perfect winter riding. But, it will definitely be awhile now.

Ghost Rider
    Hey Huffster,

These were the conditions last summer. Let me know if you want to get together and ride it when things thaw out ...which at the current rate will be in May!

https://vimeo.com/59458452

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Looking forward to the review Manny, if the trailer is as good as your other reviews (and it looks to be) I can't wait.

'Tis but a scratch
    The funny thing is that I believe I recognize every single spot you had on that video. Man, I love Wawayanda. So many trails and a great deal of diversity. I just noticed when I was there the other day that both Pickle and Rattlesnake have gone "legit" with official trail markers.

Name:  5616023-DSC04704.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  208.6 KB

Name:  5616025-DSC04705.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  193.6 KB