thats my red stapler

Watchung Reservation

With all of the potential progress at South Mountain, has there been any efforts / interest in getting Watchung reopened?
    [SIZE=2]when the going gets tough the world gets reduced to one pedal stroke at a time[/SIZE]

WooHoo Biking!!!!
    Has there been any progress on South Mountain. I have not heard anything since that meeting at the Maplewood Library.
    Last edited by goodvibe; 11-29-2008 at 06:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I attended some meetings at Watchung a few years ago and from what I can tell they are at least open to the idea of multi-use trails. I just don't think that they are going to be the first to reverse the ban. They are kind of taking a wait and see approach to see what happens at South Mountain.

I'd think the best approach would be something similar to SoMo - get bikers to help maintain the trails and show that we can be a valuable resource in maintaining the health of the park.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    so then what is the deal with south mountain...it seems its been pretty stagnant lately...everyone is dragging their feet

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by axcxnj
    so then what is the deal with south mountain...it seems its been pretty stagnant lately...everyone is dragging their feet
    Check out this post by mergs made a week ago, down the page: Your Fav. North/Central Jersey singletrack