lurker extraordinaire

Visiting NJ in August

Hello. I'll be in East Brunswick from August 23rd to the 30th for a pool tournament. If all goes well with the tournament, I won't really have time to ride but, if I end up not doing so well, I wouldn't mind finding a place to ride. I really know nothing about the area at all. How far would I have to drive to find a place to ride? I'll also need to rent a bike. If I had to say what I was looking for, I guess it would be "all-mountain" type riding. If I didn't have that option, but could choose between DH/FR and XC, I'd take the DH/FR. However, with that said, and not knowing the area at all, I'd be up for some XC riding too. Basically, I'd just be happy being on the bike if the opportunity presented itself.

Thanks

banned
    I would put Diablo Freeride Park on the top of the list for NJ. Not only are the trails insane, but they rent great bikes. Extended summer hours are also in effect.

http://www.ridediablo.com/

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122

lurker extraordinaire
    Thanks. That place looks f-ing awesome. I'll definitely try to get there if I have the chance.

mtbr member
    east brunswick is about a 1.5 hour drive to diablo, just a heads up. check out mtbnj.com for a huge nj cycling network.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    East Brunswick is a great location if you're willing to drive about 1 to 1.5 hours in any direction. I grew up in this area and live/work/ride in all of them. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

You can not come to NJ and not ride at Diablo.

here are the some of my favorites for pedalling up. You'll have fun no matter which one you choose.

Chimney Rock, Martinsville. 45 minute drive or less.

Hartshorne Woods in Middletown, 1 hour south east - great XC, mostly flowy, some tough climbs, lots of fun. Plus its about 5 minutes from Sea Bright - great little beach town and Red Bank - excellent downtown with bars, restaurants, and a marina) Perfect if you wanted to make a day trip out of it, especially if you are with friends, a girlfriend or wife.

Allamuchy - perhaps 1.25 hour drive. Long drive but its the definition of All Mountain.

FIX IT YOURSELF
    6 Mile is close as well....You'll get a everything there minus climbs....I would say the flow of the trails stands out the most
    Eye Am In The Meat !!!

KingBean
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer the kalmyk
    6 Mile is close as well....You'll get a everything there minus climbs....I would say the flow of the trails stands out the most
    and minus rocks

But that place FLOWS!!, Bring your SingleSpeed.
    "I'm the Dude! That's what you call me, you know... That or His Dudeness, Duder, El Dudarino..."
    MTBNJ.COM

FIX IT YOURSELF
    Quote Originally Posted by elzoller
    and minus rocks

But that place FLOWS!!, Bring your SingleSpeed.

True...NO ROCKS
    Eye Am In The Meat !!!