Thread: van dessel

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

van dessel

anybody have any experience with these bikes? any dealer you know of that stocks these in their shop? i went to montclair bike and they had a frame but i am considering the jersey devil fs for a new ride and was would like to see it in person before i drop 3k on it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I saw one of their frames (maybe a complete bike... it was awhile ago) in the front window of the Marty's Reliable in Hackettstown. Why not call them directly? They are in Dover, NJ
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    it would make sense that a bike shop in hackettstown would carry them since they are down the road a bit, but the shop you mentioned is not listed on the vd sight. i am going to call them to see about availability and a quality dealer as i was not too happy with montclair. more interested in opinions/reviews on the bike. it seems as though the setups are rather strong with good components but i want to see how the bike itself rides/feels and personal reviews are always good!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

At Pedros fest

they had some demo bikes at Pedros this year, i didnt get to ride one, but i was talking to some dude wo was riding one on the new trails. He had the 29n'r and he said it rode awsome, liked the way it felt and handled in the turns and overall feel of the bike. I didnt come across anyone riding the FS bike, sorry.

M.
    NMBPMIke

Icebiker

A good friend rides a Ramble Tamble...he shines

I very good riding buddy of mine has a Ramble Tamble 29'er and a Country Road Bob. Another close friend has a Van Dessel Road Bike (not sure which one). THey both swear by these bikes. The guy who rides the Ramble Tamble has found it so enjoyable, it's pretty much the only bike he MTB's with now, save for a singlespeed of another brand he uses occasionally. He's taken it to Jim THorpe, Allamuchy, Sklyine/Ringwood...all technical stuff, fully rigid, and has done real well. I'll ask if he wants to weigh in on this thread. He knows Edwin Bull, too, Van Dessel's founder. I have to admit, they are very good value for the money. When I'm ready for my next hardtail, I am considering the Jersey Devil HT.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Call Edwin at Van Dessel....

If your LBS doesn't want to order it for you, he will ship it directly to you. I'm sure he has a Jersey Devil 29r demo you can check out. Dover is close by.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

thanks...

called vandessel the other day to get some info on a good dealer and they offered for me to swing by their place in dover to check it out, which naturally i jumped right on. met edwin as well as a young guy named ted and it was nothing but a great experience, didn't get to ride anything since they were still repairing a fs devil from pedro but did get to see a new frame right out of the box as well as some stuff i have never seen before. they referred me to marty's in hackettstown and swung by there on my way home, after talking with the manager, tc, and my experience at vandessel in dover i am nothing but satisfied with my decision on going with the devil fs. the only problem is biting the bullet to drop over 3k on a damn bike !

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Good Luck!

It looks like a cool bike.