Thread: In the USCG

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

In the USCG

I am station at cape may, NJ. i really would like to find somewhere and some people to ride with. havent found anything yet so my rockhopper just rides back and forth to base. Any one up for a ride

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I don't know of anything in that area. I hate to tell you but if you want to ride anywhere you are gunna have to get in your car and drive somewhere. You can drive up the parkway up to route 72 and go to Warton State Forest. Or hop on the Atlantic City Expressway and ride at Camden County College or Gloucester County College or Ceres Park. I think no matter which one you go to it will take you over an hour to get there.

If you really want to travel take the ferry over to Delaware, drive North to Newark and ride White Clay Creek or Middle Run. Those are two great places to ride and might be worth the trip.

I hope this helps. You are kind of in a bad area for riding. By the way I am a former Coastie, Gunnersmate. I loved every minute of it.
    Semper Paratus!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    thanks man. i have no problem driving a little bit but would really like to know where some good trails are. i have driven before to places an hour or so and get there and it is very flat single track that is mroe for a family to ride nothing more no elevation or anything. i have a rockhopper so major downhill sections are not in the plan

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Check out www.mtbnj.com. Great site, tons of local information, maps, rides etc.
    For some hills you will have to go north. Worth the drive IMO.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Estell Manor Park

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    that is cool to hear. i have checked it out but cant post or anything or look at maps so i dont know. i am waiting on the approval to post. i would love to find someone around this area to head up that way.

www.mtbnj.com
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by southern118
    that is cool to hear. i have checked it out but cant post or anything or look at maps so i dont know. i am waiting on the approval to post. i would love to find someone around this area to head up that way.
    Hi there, Your account has been activated on mtbNJ.

See you on the trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    cool i will post up over there now .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by southern118
    I am station at cape may, NJ. i really would like to find somewhere and some people to ride with. havent found anything yet so my rockhopper just rides back and forth to base. Any one up for a ride
    another coastie here too! Sta Jones Beach. Reserve now. Want to do some riding in jersey but no that far down. I've been down to tracen a few times since i grad'd and i hate that drive from LI. How long ya been in for?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i have been in since june so not to long. i am going to try and make a ride 12oct08 if you are intrested let me know probably riding at alleria or how ever you spell it

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm at the TRACEN. There's not much in the area, but a couple of us have a spot where we ride and build when we have time. So far we've built some small jumps, rollers and drops. Also, I've heard Belle Plain State Forest has some trails. I haven't been able to check them out yet though. Hale's Bicycle in CM Court House has trail maps.