mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Trails for nooby

I'm from Trenton NJ. I was wondering if anybody knew of any good intermediate trails. I've done Washington crossing and D&R Canal both are good rides just looking for something different

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Mercer County Park is near by and beginner friendly.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Copy and pasted:

When it hasn't rained for a week or so, you can go to Mercer County Park (It gets boggy very quickly). There is a trail map posted online (please note that it is not posted through the park system site) but the last time I went months ago, there were still a number of downed trees across the park.

You can also try Sourland Mountain. Both are a little more than the flat terrain common to the area.

If you are looking for a more casual ride, you can hook up with the Lawrence-Hopewell trail from the D&R canal at the Brearly Path.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I've been to Mercer County park several times and never knew they had bike trails in the woods until I decided to take one. I took the normal trail and saw an opening and thought it'd be interesting to check it out. The one I went on was a little narrow though so I couldn't really ride as fast as I would've liked.

I gotta try out the trails you mentioned above.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    imho, the next step up is 6 Mile Run in Somerset. Some good twisty singletrack. Not very technical (there are optional logs and such to attempt to get over)

mtbr member
    lewis morris is a relatively smooth trail also, good uphills and downhills, a few occaisonal rocky sections here and there
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

The Pedaling Dragon
    depending on how much you want to travel there's Ceres park which is a blast Wharton which is flatter then most but has some good flow then there is Allaire, I would say they are all within 60 to 90 mins of you about the same as 6 mile if it was me I would hit them all and then Hartshorne as well for a better work out...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Every trail you guys mentioned is on my list. Getting a new 29er this weekend so you know its on!!

The Pedaling Dragon
    We have beginner rides at allaire every Tuesday night "weather permitting" these rides are a blast. I also ride allaire all the time as it is my home park and can all ways give a tour..

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Mike sounds good too bad it seems like it rains every tuesday now.