mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Trail Guides....

Since I'm new to mtb riding and willing to go out and ride as many of the trails here in NJ. The only problem is that I don't any of them, except for the 3 rides I've done at Cheesequake. My question really, is there any kind of "guides" for an of the trails? Allaire for example. Now I will be taking part in some of the evening rides once the weather changes but I would like to go ride before then. Cheesequake is fine for now since I'm getting into shape while practicing riding technique. Just wish my bike would hurry and get here so I won't have to keep riding a different bike every weekend. Wanting and willing to take part in group rides or whatever and maybe whereever

mtbr member
    Join Strava and find some rides that people are doing at the parks you want to visit. You have great places in NJ. I used to ride Ringwood, Chimney Rock and Allamuchy all the time. Great riding there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    That would be nice to do, but since I basically only have riden 3 weekends thus far..did I mentioned I'm just starting. My friend who I ride with has been out the sport for a few years and getting back started also and everyone that he rode with haven't started riding yet. I don't think Strava will be able to tell me to watch out for a particular section of trail that may be rocky, steep or whatever that a live person who has been riding a trail and kind of knows the lay of the land. Also, I'm not into keeping any times or whatever else Strava does at this time. I just want to work on my riding technique, stamina and learning the different trails. Now once I get the first couple of things sorta down pact then maybe I'll worry about times. Oh yeah, lose some weight too.

Ghost Rider
    Check out this site. I think it's the next best thing to having someone show you around.

Video Trail Reviews.Com Trail Directory

This coming season I'll be adding lots of new videos so keep an eye out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Join Meetup.com There are a bunch of NJ - MTB Meetups. I belong to 4 Based in NJ and 3 based in Pa. There is always a ride to join somewhere...

I'm an organizer for Central NJ MTB Meetup:
    Central NJ Mountain Biking (Trenton, NJ) - Meetup
    Rubber Side Down!

Ghost Rider
    Good suggestion! He can also go on MTBNJ.com. You can always find someone willing to show you around and also find plenty of group rides to join.

Quote Originally Posted by michael.su View Post
    Join Meetup.com There are a bunch of NJ - MTB Meetups. I belong to 4 Based in NJ and 3 based in Pa. There is always a ride to join somewhere...

I'm an organizer for Central NJ MTB Meetup:
    Central NJ Mountain Biking (Trenton, NJ) - Meetup

mtbr member
    Although not a regular tour guide, I would be more than happy to show you around either Deer Park or KVSP. KSVP has less climbs than Deer Park, but tends to have a few more rocky sections. Either park is beginner friendly IMHO.

I've got a buddy who just moved back to the area and is interested in getting out to ride so I'll be showing him around as well. Shoot me a PM if interested; Sat or Sunday am's.
    Nothing really witty to say..........