Rip
    Broken

Teetertown Ravine

The turn around point.

Back at the ravine, this time in the middle of it.

À tout le monde. À tous mes amis. Je vous aime. Je dois partir.
    These are the last words I'll ever speak And they'll set me free

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Where is Teetertown Ravine?

nice pic's...what a beautiful day!

Hadn't heard of this place before. where is it located? Would be interested in riding it. How much riding is there?

Keep the rubber down.

Rip
    Broken
    On a good day with route planned you can get 4, maybee 5 miles out of it, then you can just go down to vorhees since it's only like 10-minutes away via car. So it makes for a good day of riding. Teetertown Ravine is in Califon, NJ, where the trails may be short, what there is there provides a pretty good challenge climb wise.
    À tout le monde. À tous mes amis. Je vous aime. Je dois partir.
    These are the last words I'll ever speak And they'll set me free

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Shhhhhhhhhhh!!

I thought I was the only one who rode there....

Teetertown is a nice break if from roads if you live in the area, but not really worth driving to with so much else around. The trail system is short, but if you like hills, it's all on the side of a ridge so it's got plenty. You can get a nice ride if you do a few loops. Plus it's really scenic. Supposedly the highest point in Hunterdon County is up there somewhere.

The nice thing about Teetertown is that you can easily get there from the Columbia trail - it's just a mile or so of road riding to get there from Vernoy Ave and 513 (via Maple Ave). The hills are a nice change from cruising along the rail trail.

If you frequent the Columbia Trail, detours to Voorhees and Schooley's Mountain are also recommended! I rode down to High Bridge on Sunday and came into Voorhees the back way, along Buffalo Hollow Rd. Quite a workout and lots of fun riding the hill down 513 back into town.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST

lotto baby
    there is some decent scrambling/bouldering on some of the slabs there too if you are into that sort of thing.
    i spurt in the wind, and the wind drug it

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Blue Trail?

I rode through Teetertown a couple weeks ago with my son and a friend of ours, mostly to break up a road ride. We went down the blue trail, which is perfectly rideable even though the park trail map does say "hiking only". There's really not much there if you skip that. Others ride the blue trail too?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Teetertown

This place is practically in my back yard. It is short, but it's great for about 5-6 miles of decently technical terrain if I don't want to drive somewhere. Its like a small sample of Allamuchy. There are a couple steep sections both fun to descend and difficult to climb, some rocky areas, some fast areas and a stream crossing or two. In the summer, it has its own micro climate. Its always 5-10 degrees colder by the stream than at the top of the mountain (where I live) The park commission has bought a few hundred more acres to add to this park, but there are no trails there yet. As far as the blue trail, I ride it all the time. If anyone wants to meet up for a quick ride, let me know.