Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Technical Trail Near New Jersey??I

I am flying into New Jersey with my bike to drive back a Custom Mercedes Sprinter Van and I want to hit the best trails I can the place im going to is in New Jersey any recommendations?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Where in New Jersey? It's a big state. If you are in Northern New Jersey near Mahwah, hit the Ringwood State Park or Jungle Habitat in West Milford. Mid Jersey, allaire park.
    2007 Specialized FSR Comp
    2010 Jamis Trail XC
    2012 Superlight 29

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanovnv View Post
    Where in New Jersey? It's a big state. If you are in Northern New Jersey near Mahwah, hit the Ringwood State Park or Jungle Habitat in West Milford. Mid Jersey, allaire park.
    Yup, most of the tecnical stuff is up north.
    There is also Allamuchy.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    If'n ya'll are flying into the southern half of NJ, ACY (instead EWR) visit Wissahickon Park, ten minutes over the bridge into Philly.
    But yeah, if you're landing at EWR... what they said, Jungle Habitat, Allamuchy, Ringwood, et al. Check www.JORBA.org | JORBA - You Dig? for some insights.

mtbr member
    Flying into ewr. Should I bring my Niner sir 9 single speed or a 26" 6" trail bike?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Definitely trail. You'll need more than 1 speed here :-)
    2010 Jamis Trail XC
    2012 Superlight 29

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Depending on where you are traveling thru the state, if you are coming in to newark and heading west< Chimney rock park ,it is a fairly technical area with about 10 plus miles of trails ,with easy access right off rt 78 at xt 33,less than 30 minutes west of ewr, its well marked with maps available at newmans parking lot, and since i designed and built the trails i would be happy to show you around . bring your 6 in bike as most ride susp bikes an i use a 5 spot ,the park has 6 regions with some tech climbing and it has some rocky sections and about 300 ft of elevation ,feel free to contact me if you would like to check out the trails .

mtbr member
    May 2012
    When are you coming? If you are looking for a riding buddy, let me know. Maybe I can join you and show you around ;-)
    2010 Jamis Trail XC
    2012 Superlight 29

mtbr member
    Ringwood, NJ Mountain Biking - YouTube
    Can somebody please tell me which section of the Ringwood trail this is and where the trailhead is located so I can map it out.. Looks like a blast!

Ghost Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    Can somebody please tell me which section of the Ringwood trail this is and where the trailhead is located so I can map it out.. Looks like a blast!
    That trail is Ringwood/Ramapo (Red) going in the direction of Warm Puppy.

Check out this directory: Video Trail Reviews.Com Trail Directory

You can find videos, maps, and gps tracks.

If you're a strong technical rider Ringwood is a must.
    Last edited by MannyL358; 09-09-2012 at 10:19 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    When are you coming? If you need a riding buddy maybe I can join ya and show you the trails
    2010 Jamis Trail XC
    2012 Superlight 29

Getaway Cycle Center
    Nov 2007
    We ride ringwood state park freq out of the shop.....if you need any help, info, or some riding buddies contact us at Getaway Cycle Center Bloomingdale NJ corner of rt23 and rt287.

Ringwood State park.........Red trail, yellow trail, warm puppy rock, catsnest, & skylands trail are some of the great trail names....try a youtube search on these trails.

Jungle is great riding a bit less rock then ringwood of them but the trails are very techy and tight

others are waywayanda state, mallon dickerson, and allumuchy.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Flying into ewr. Should I bring my Niner sir 9 single speed or a 26" 6" trail bike?
    Depends on what type of rider you are. If you are a strong climber, then you can get away with a SS.
    I ride a hardtail 29er with 2X10. I don't think suspension is as necessary as some people do on the trails around here (even on the super tech stuff). Unless you plan on doing 6 foot drops, then hard tail is fine.

Getaway Cycle Center
    Nov 2007
    we park alot at Ryersen middle school and jump in on the fence trail to the bottom end of the park. Also puts you on the red switchback climb to head towards 6bridges trail and double SS's.

I ride a full 5in 29er because i dont have what it takes to ride a SS or a HT. Many rock....sometimes its is easier to sit and spin over the rocks. If you are comfortable xc'ing up hills with a 6in bike then that is my vote......

Getaway Cycle Center
    Nov 2007
    I am flying into New Jersey with my bike to drive back a Custom Mercedes Sprinter Van and I want to hit the best trails I can the place im going to is in New Jersey any recommendations?
    I would love to see that sprinter van....what are your plans with it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Bring the SS for sure, no question. You'll want to ride Ringwood or Allamuchy. Check out mtbnj.com for info. on those parks. At Allamuchy, which is right off Route 80, you'll want to hit the following trails: Candyass, Rollie Pollie, Lumpy Bumpy (check out that website for info on how to find those trails). Gear it big, 32x20 or 21 or 22 (I ride a SIR 9 32x22 and pretty happy with that). You'll also want a tire for loose rock, Geax The Sturdy, Kendal Nevegal, etc...You'll be surprised how good the riding is if you go to these parks and get hooked up on the right trails.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Voodoo View Post
    Bring the SS for sure, no question. You'll want to ride Ringwood or Allamuchy. Check out mtbnj.com for info. on those parks. At Allamuchy, which is right off Route 80, you'll want to hit the following trails: Candyass, Rollie Pollie, Lumpy Bumpy (check out that website for info on how to find those trails). Gear it big, 32x20 or 21 or 22 (I ride a SIR 9 32x22 and pretty happy with that). You'll also want a tire for loose rock, Geax The Sturdy, Kendal Nevegal, etc...You'll be surprised how good the riding is if you go to these parks and get hooked up on the right trails.
    Rollie Pollie and Lumpby Bumpy are some of my favorite parts of that park.
    I just rode those and Candy Ass this past weekend.
    Candy Ass is REALLY overgrown right now, and a lot of the vegetation is obscuring the trail and even some of the technical features. I wouldn't recommend it right now to a person who is new to the trail system for that reason.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Techi Trails

Alamuchi and Ringwood are excellent places check them out on the web ,the guys at the shop will show you a good rout if not guide you .Just ask .
    trlridr

'Tis but a scratch
    Were you at Ringwood today (9/12/2012)? I saw a black Sprinter in Lot C this morning when riding. If that was you, hope you enjoyed it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    www.JORBA.org | JORBA - You Dig? -- has all the info you need about trails in NJ

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Sourland is the most technical legal place for a hundred miles

Ghost Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockscaler View Post
    Sourland is the most technical legal place for a hundred miles
    Sourlands is definitely very technical but Allamuchy in North Jersey is by far the most technical hands down. Take a look: https://vimeo.com/25551735

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    sourlands skipping cheater line where ever possible but I love that video, seeing it last week is why I hit all 3 allamuchy parks this past weekend but I just did sourlands today

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    WAY MORE TECHNICAL TRAILS NOW JUST HIT WASHINGTON VALLEY PARK MY TRAILS TOOK A BEATEN SO HOOK UO AND GO TO HE NXT TRAIL MAINTNANCES I AM HEADINGBBACK TO CHECK WHAT THE GUYS HAVE BEEN DOIN AND DO SOME FIXES MYSELF THIS WEEKND WITH THE WVMBA CREW
    trlridr

Josh
    definatly check out allamuchy mtn great riding. 26" with 3" travel hardtail is more than eniough

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast