Thread: Strava

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Strava

This is interesting... Use Strava, get Sued!?
    Use Strava, Get Sued? - Bike Rumor
    It's long read but I guess it could happen. It wouldn't if folks would take responsibility for their actions. At least he presumably went out doing what he enjoyed.

My two cents... Strava is so woefully inaccurate I don't see the point, especially in the woods. It doesn't register option lines that may take an additional 20 or more seconds to complete making a particular part of a segment irrelevant. Gps receiver antenna sensitivity is a whole other story.

Trail wise, I'm seeing alot of cheater lines cutting whole corners and stuff, I'm guessing it might be a time improvement thing. What I also get a good laugh at is the cheat lines around rocks on the very technical trails in N.NJ. I'm also guessing that the trail is being ridden for the thrill of the tech challenge.... So why widen the trail by going around the rocks? And what happens when the organic soil being ridden on wears away? More rocks, then what? I guess we'll just go through the brush and go wider again. Man.....Make an effort to stay center trail! It's fun!

I've had plenty of fun with the Strava thing and I see lots of smiles and motivation on the faces of my buddies whom I ride with.... We just stay on the trail and only sue for beers.
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Post Sandy Strava times.

After the work done to reclaim Hurricane Sandy at Stephens and what I saw at Mahlon this week during the freeze ride I can say that all Strava times are no longer valid and furthermore null as most of the routes were not repaired to their original configuration and are changed due to the hurricane.
    Therefore, "All times are to be declared Null and Void!" .... lol..... like I'm the authority on it....

On the serious side, the current times really don't apply to current trails.
    Last edited by Stratocaster; 02-02-2013 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Oh well
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG