Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Stephens Trail Maint. Sat. 8-23

902 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Stratocaster 
#1 ·
Stephens Trail Maintenance
8-23 Saturday 8:30am - 12:30

Will be working at the Hackettstown end of the park.
Bring yourself, water, gloves maybe some bug spray.

Please rsvp via email so I know what tools to bring. I will email the exact location then.

Thanks
Steve

#3 ·
A big thank you to everybody who came out for Trail Maintenance. We got a lot done, highlighted by a tricky reroute to replace an unsustainable section of trail at the Hackettstown end of the park and plenty of trail cleaning/brushback. Joanne B., Stephanie and Cory M., Ed Z. (great sandwich, homemade donuts! Tasty watermelon…. !!!) , Matt M., Robert G., Chris C., Alex H., Eric D., Scott H., Burke H., Jack L., Paul M., and Steve B., …………………Outstanding!

#4 ·
Did a long ride through Stephens yesterday, starting out from the Hackettstown side. The "tricky reroute" which I take to be the switchback on white before 3 tier climb was altered. Looked as if a shovel was taken to the corners to knock them out and logs, rocks, brush, etc. were redistributed to block the switchback and return the trail back to it's original state. Seemed like a lot of work to combat a lot of hard work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.