mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Specialized Demo event this weekend,Sept. 1st.

Hey all,

I just received confirmation from my Specialized rep today regarding a Demo event this weekend.

Specialized Bicycle Components, in conjunction with local dealers Efinger Sporting Goods, High Gear Cyclery, and Jayís Cycle Center, will hold a demo day this Saturday, September 1st, 2007 at Chimney Rock.

The event will begin at the Newmanís Lane parking lot. We will start at Noon and will run until 5:00PM. Dan, our local rep extraordinaire, will be joined by Wiley, who heads up the Demo trailer. Dan tells me they will have models including the SX Trail, Demo, Epic, Stumpjumper FSR, Enduro FSR, and 29íers. So that they do not get jealous, he even mentioned they will have something for roadies there, including Roubaix, Tarmac, and SL2 Tarmac models to test ride.

Bikes will be made available on a first come, first serve basis. While the bikes will be equipped with clipless pedals, if you have something other than Shimano, please bring your own. They will swap out pedals for test rides. Please bring helmets, camelbacks, etc. with you. You will be required to have a valid credit card and a valid picture driverís license with you, as well as sign a liability waiver in order to participate.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at marcc@efingersports.com, or contact one of the shops listed above directly.

So lets cross our fingers for good weather, and head out to hit the trails this Saturday. I hope to see you there!

Marc Cianfrone
    Efinger Sporting Goods

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    As much as I want to get behind the reigns of a Demo 8, is there anywhere to actually ride the bike for what its worth at Chimney Rock?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

From what I am told...

Hey Spy,

From what one of my customers told me today (Pat B., whose backyard is, literally, Chimney Rock), there is a section that you should be able to get a decent feel for it. He may be there Saturday, or I will try and get more info from him on where the section is. It isn't going to be Diablo, but better than your standard parking lot feel....

Hope this helps....

Marc C.

w3rd.
    Quote Originally Posted by spylab
    As much as I want to get behind the reigns of a Demo 8, is there anywhere to actually ride the bike for what its worth at Chimney Rock?
    There is enough for you to get a feel for it, trust me. Plus, you'll be able to see how she climbs too!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Hope to see you there!

Hey All,

Well, tomorrow looks like we will have sunny skies & moderate temperatures. I hope to meet some of you at Chimney Rock, and we will be bringing some goodies as well. Newmans Lane lot, Noon to 5....come out ready to ride!

Marc C.
    Efinger Sporting Goods

WooHoo Biking!!!!

Thanks!

I participated in the Demo Day today and it was awesome. I rode the Enduro and it was awesome! Also, the folks from Specialized and Effingers were very hospitable and friendly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Thanks...

Hi Vibe,

Thanks to you (and all others that came out) Saturday. The Specialized guys did a great job, and it was nice to meet some of you face to face. (Plus, my guys were much happier spending the day at the trails instead of stuck away in the shop.) I hope you had fun, and were able to ride all the cool bikes you wanted to.

Anyway, I hope to be able to arrange something similar again soon, and will keep you posted as things come together.

Marc C,
    Efinger Sporting Goods