Thread: south mountain?

mtbr member

south mountain?

whats the deal with south mountain, i heard some trail work was done by volunteer mountain bikers but havent heard if they are allowing mountain biking or anything any new news?

it's just baby phat..
    Quote Originally Posted by david8613
    whats the deal with south mountain, i heard some trail work was done by volunteer mountain bikers but havent heard if they are allowing mountain biking or anything any new news?
    Yes, JORBA has done trail work there. Unfortunately, progress has been very slow and the park is still officially off limits to mountain biking. We have not given up the fight for the right to ride at South Mountain so don't give up hope.

Nelson
    www.jorba.org

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

ahhh

I remember those days. Its was the first time i saw a full suspension bike. A Mountain Cycles San Andreas. This guy was blastin down the trail! Circa 94?

Shred all that can be
    South mountain? in hillsboro?
    "This sticker is dangerous and inconvienent, but I do love Fig Newtons"

WooHoo Biking!!!!
    In Essex County, Starts in Millburn, goes up to West Orange.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by david8613
    thanks for asking everyone... in a nutshell, local somo volunteers remain 100% committed to the sustainable trails initiative, the fight will carry on. status update here:

http://www2.jorba.org/index.php?titl...in_Conservancy

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lawndart
    I remember those days. Its was the first time i saw a full suspension bike. A Mountain Cycles San Andreas. This guy was blastin down the trail! Circa 94?
    I used to see the same guy. Sounded like a garbage can rolling thru the woods.

Start slow and taper off
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lawndart
    There is a good chance that was my friend Pete. He had a MC San Andreas (still does, just a new version). We used to ride South Mountain 4/5 days a week.

Once we ran into another guy at SM with a Mountain Cycle with a garage built fork, rear shock, pedals, and brake levers.
    My Artwork

Hard words break no bones, fine words butter no parsnips.