Arf, he said.

Sourlands Trail Day Sat 3/21 9am

The Somerset County JORBA chapter is building a new trail at the Sourlands Preserve that will connect Roaring Rocks with the gas pipeline. This area is primo Sourlands territory with plenty of rock features to incorporate into the trail. We will be meeting at the parking lot on East Mountain Road at 9am on 3/21. Come and help out if you can. Mucho gracias.

Victim of Saddle Rage
    Great news.. That place has so much potential and really needs trails. Sorry I am only part time in Jersey, otherwise the cause is noble enough to drag me butt out of bed at 9.00.
    " the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." C&H

Shred all that can be
    In Hillsboro?, or the frontside in Hopewell.. East mountain so probably Hillsboro.. answered it myself nevermind.
    "This sticker is dangerous and inconvienent, but I do love Fig Newtons"

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    where are the rideable trails in sourlands,I went north trail and found it way too rocky after a 1/4 mile.Should Ive gone to the other trail near the pond?

lotto baby
    Quote Originally Posted by naconst
    where are the rideable trails in sourlands,I went north trail and found it way too rocky after a 1/4 mile.Should Ive gone to the other trail near the pond?
    try going in a clockwise loop, its generally a bit more user-friendly. the blue trail is pretty difficult to go up, and better built for going down. so when if you enter from the parking lot behind the kiosk, when the trail split forks, go left onto the boardwalk/bridge and continue to follow that trail past the fireroad and all the way up to the top.

that said... the rocky trails are the rideable trails. its just that technical there.
    i spurt in the wind, and the wind drug it