WooHoo Biking!!!!

Something sinister is afoot at Chimney Rock

I rode at Chimney Rock today and I was very sad. Some diabolical individual took a chainsaw and removed every single log pile in the place. Why would someone do something so evil? Fortunately, a good Samaritan replaced some of the piles at the top of the trail east of Chimney Rock Road, but I had to do everything in my power from weeping at the site of all of the log piles I once enjoyed.

[SIZE="6"] [/SIZE]

Victim of Saddle Rage
    Evil. In 4 weeks + 3 days I will be driving out to Jersey for the summer and I expect these evil doers to put everything back exactly as they found it. It might not be bad to file a report with the Sommerset Co. Park Com. in case this was an unauthorized trail rape.
    " the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." C&H

mtbr member
    There were rumblings that the Sommerset Park Commission came through and removed all "stunts". Stunts = any tree in or near the trail.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Most Likely...

Most likely it was the Park. The JORBA Chapter Head for the Park has been having discussion with them about this and alternatives. Think of it as an offering to the trail gods if you will. Hopefully in the near future there will be something positive to talk about as a result fo this.

One thing, if you dont like what you see, please get involved...join JORBA!

Bob W.
    www.JORBA.org
    You Dig?
    "The rides to short to not kick against the pricks" M.F.

WooHoo Biking!!!!
    It is horrible. Many of the log piles were not even in the middle of the trail. It is most disappointing. I am a member of Jorba, but if the park just went and chainsawed down everything without consulting anyone, I could be the Governor and it wouldn't have made a difference.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I was riding there sunday and most if not all of the log piles past the frolf course were still there. I hope thats not what you are talking about. I was also by the newmans lane side of the reservoir and I saw that the nicest log roll on top of the mountain, by the quarry, was gone on sunday and I felt really sad about that. Personally I dont think that people do enough TM there. I think that if it stays the way it is it wont be much left anyways in the years to come.

mtbr member
    In case anyone is interested in doing TM at CR, here's the info from JORBA.org: http://www2.jorba.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1104
    Next TM is May 17.

mtbr member
    Maybe it was the ATV guys that the JORBA elitists called the cops on *yawn*

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Trolls afoot?

Morris County is also in the habit of removing all logs. If you really want to know what the deal is then a call to the park office can shed some light on the who and why.

Now you have an excuse to explore the parks that don't remove the logs but build sturdy works of art.
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Have a voice

Quote Originally Posted by cookin2nite
    I was riding there sunday and most if not all of the log piles past the frolf course were still there. I hope thats not what you are talking about. I was also by the newmans lane side of the reservoir and I saw that the nicest log roll on top of the mountain, by the quarry, was gone on sunday and I felt really sad about that. Personally I dont think that people do enough TM there. I think that if it stays the way it is it wont be much left anyways in the years to come.
    One way to ensure that the park is what you would like it to be is to get envolved, go to www.jorba.org and contact the Chapter Leader!

Bob W.
    www.JORBA.org
    You Dig?
    "The rides to short to not kick against the pricks" M.F.