mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Snow Already?!?!

Are you kiddin me, its October!

Thoughts, raves, rants?
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    This is just a disaster. First rain, then snow, then sleet, now snow again. Its horrendous outside.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Agreed, it looks like a war zone in town, theres **** everywhere. I went down one street where every yard had large branches or trees down.... Not to mention the real storm hasn't even reached northern nj yet!
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

bikeaholic
    Aug 2004
    This makes me seriously consider moving down south. I can't take these winters when people ride down there all year round.

mtbr member

Heads Up!

No literal joke...I have had more than my share of close calls with whole trees falling before me. One time I relieved myself and as I ahhhd to the sky noticed the dangling maple branch.

The morning of the storm I decided to go on a winterland stroll at Tourne and a huge tree fell near the trail on the north side of mountain lake. My adrenaline and common sense of reality kicked in and I ran back to my car realizing this was probably the most stupid thing to do during a storm of any kind.

Unfortunately, It definitely looks like a hurricane passed by Morris County now however.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    yeah pretty bummed to be off the bike for so long now, hoping it improves soon

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Was up at Ringwood yesterday and trails are in good shape. Quite a few trees and branches down, but Jorba and random volunteers have already started to clean up. Thank you volunteers! Some forest service roads are wet and soft in spots, but for the most part, it should be good to go this weekend. Enjoy!

p.s. please not that as of Nov 1, park closes at 6 p.m. for winter. Please obey park rules and have all cars out of the lots by 6.