mtbr member

New question here. Six Mile Run conditions.

I'd like to take a ride there this weekend. Has anyone been there in the past few days that can tell me what the trails are like after all the rain.?
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

6 mile

Any updates on conditions?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Any updates on conditions?
    I was there on Monday and other than a few wet spots it was good. Of course since then it has rained so who knows.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Six Mile Questions

I plan on going there today. Can someone let me know best route / trail to follow and if I should worry about hunters? I plan to be there about 3:00 PM. My first time as I am used to the rocky technical trails in North Jersey and was looking for a little diversion from the rocks.

Thanks,
    Rob

mtbr member
    I plan on going there today. Can someone let me know best route / trail to follow and if I should worry about hunters? I plan to be there about 3:00 PM. My first time as I am used to the rocky technical trails in North Jersey and was looking for a little diversion from the rocks.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Here's a JORBA map of Six Mile Run. You could download and print if you like. I love Six Mile but it has a downside in that it is kind of an out and back ride. I usually park at the trail head where the blue starts, pick up the red to the end. On the way back I take the orange(known as the twistys), then back onto the red to the end. From the parking lot onto the white, a small bit of the red onto the blue and back to my car. The trail colors are very well marked.

I have seen the occasional bow hunter near the Jaques Ln. parking but have never heard of any problems. So wear bright colors just in case, if you are concerned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Six Mile Run conditions.-sixmilethumbnail.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Thanks. Rode it today.

Thank you. I actually started from Rt 27 at red, rode around orange twice, rode white and blue and back. It was really nice. My 8 year old joined me and he absolutely loved it. It is a really beautiful ride and it is obvious riders / trail builders take great pride in this park. The trails where immaculate and the different changes in scenery was cool. I live in north jersey and it was also a really nice break from the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    Here's a JORBA map of Six Mile Run. You could download and print if you like. I love Six Mile but it has a downside in that it is kind of an out and back ride. I usually park at the trail head where the blue starts, pick up the red to the end. On the way back I take the orange(known as the twistys), then back onto the red to the end. From the parking lot onto the white, a small bit of the red onto the blue and back to my car. The trail colors are very well marked.

I have seen the occasional bow hunter near the Jaques Ln. parking but have never heard of any problems. So wear bright colors just in case, if you are concerned.

mtbr member
    I live in north jersey and it was also a really nice break from the rocks.
    I totally agree with you. I live in Randolph NJ. I love the speed and flow riding at Six Mile Run.

mtbr member
    just went for the first time last weekend - loved it - totally different than a hartshorne - more mellow it'll hit ya hard when you least expect it - lots of work for the handling skills

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I rode it on saturday and the trails were in good shape. rode from rt 27 out on the blue and back.