Thread: six mile run

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

six mile run

Why isn't this trail talked about more or regarded better like Chimney rock or Allamuchy? I think it's great, technical and fun as hell. What does everyone else think? Is it just a local secret? And whomever does ride it, what do you think of the log roll at the end of the twisty pines? I built up half of it from a tree that fell down and I noticed someone else built the other half.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cookin2nite
    Why isn't this trail talked about more or regarded better like Chimney rock or Allamuchy? I think it's great, technical and fun as hell. What does everyone else think? Is it just a local secret? And whomever does ride it, what do you think of the log roll at the end of the twisty pines? I built up half of it from a tree that fell down and I noticed someone else built the other half.
    cause it's a central jerz gem
    No, it's not a local secret. There are other great options within 20min of 6mile too. I think that is a good thing. Keep this area of riders dispersed on the weekend.
    Technical... not really
    FUN as hell...

Two local people head up the work there. I think you should look into who is doing the work there before you put anything up.

Oh yea and you're on the wrong forum if you want to hear more about it

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Shhhh

Shhhh! Keep it quiet. Less is more. Seriously, it's not a secret and everything that Manny said.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Last time I was there the nekkid lady from the Shining chased me for a mile or 2, so beware!
    In all serious it is a great place to ride but swamps easy with rainfall. Plus there's lots of horses on the western trails come spring/early summer so I always try to be cautious around them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Dude that's so true after a while in the pines I do feel like I am in a movie. lol

mtbr member
    Six mile is ok, a few miles west is Sourlands...IMO; much more fun...

mtbr member
    I'm a big fan of 6 Mile. It is easy but a very fun ride. Wouldn't say technical but some trails are very tight. Its one of those places that you can cruise around leisurly and or pound on the pedal and really crank through some tight trails and have some fun. I've noticed you can do I think its like two 8 mile loops so theres a good amout of riding there. It's just lacking the accents and decents, overall its pretty flat.
    Mary ss shenanigans

Southerner In NJ
    Feb 2009
    Six mile is alot of fun and popular with the locals. Manny is right if you want to hear more about it and rides that happen there you need to check out the "other" Forums

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Technical not so much. Local secret not really. Fun as hell you got that right. I can never get enough of this place. It is well maintained and there is so much riding that you can do.

mtbr member
    Can you guys please post up directions to this??? Where are Sourlands and six mile run located??? I'm in south jersey (close to Ceres, Camden County College, etc.) and would love to check out these trails you speak of.

Southerner In NJ
    Feb 2009
    Look here you can find googlemap locations to lots as well as trail maps and find out info about rides and trail maintenance that is going on there.

http://www.mtbnj.com/directory.php

mtbr member
    I rode at 6 mile once and it was a pretty good trail. It was a little mix of everything, but it had no killer climbs.