mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Round Valley Question

Rip, I was talking to somebody who knows the Cushetunk Trail at Round Valley pretty well, and he said that when you follow the trail that branches off the Cushetunk Trail and joins the steep wall a little before you get to the "Trail Closed" sign, and then you follow the trail up the steep wall and into the Mountain Preserve, there are no trail markers on the trail that joins the steep wall, and on the trail that goes up the steep wall, but he said when you get to the top of the steep wall and enter the Mountain Preserve, that there are trail markers there in the County Park, and that these trail markers are a yellow horseshoe on a green sign. Did you know that?

Brian

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Hmm....

I haven't been there all that much, but I didn't see the markers. I guess there easy to miss.

My wooden nickels.
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I rode Round Valley a couple weeks ago, and did see such markers. Here's where I saw them: After I pushed my bike up said "steep wall" and got to the top, then very carefully rode down the other side (very steep sliding downhill, procede with caution) at the bottom of the steep downhill the trail turns left (thus, North). Stay on that trail for a maybe a hundred yards, and look for a trail that branches off on the left side. I made that turn and stayed on that trail as it headed in a westerly direction, but soon turned around as I was at the end of my ride and had to get back to the car.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    If you want to ride the back part of Round valley its best to start in the back don't worry about trail markers can't get lost out there unless you're an idiot the trails need some traffic though getting overgown so get out there and ride!!