mtbr member

Roll Call for Jim Thorpe MBW

Okay, I said I would post something to try to organize all the Passionites heading to Jim Thorpe for MBW so here you go.

Please indicate handle, name and campsite so we can get organized or at least cruise by and say hello. I'm suggesting that anyone who wants to do a group ride meet at site 4 at 10 am on Saturday.

Rev Bubba - Site 4 (Bob Veit) - I'm actually staying at the Inn at Jim Thorpe but I hang around with the parolees from Baltimore
    TurboB!tch - Site 4 (Sandy Veit) See above. She keeps me honest
    BikeBreath - Site 4 (Doug Hansen) He is a parolee. No one keeps him honest.

By the way, Site 4 belongs to BB and company, not me, so I hope they will not be offended by my using it as a meeting place but I couldn't think of another location.

Your turn........
    REV

mtbr member
    Site 49:

"mergs" aka Jeff.
    "GDR" aka Greg

and 3 others, without MTBR handles: John, Chris and Eric

planning to head up thu evening, with the plan to hopefully get setup before dark

mtbr member

Got it.....

I'll arrive Friday morning. Maybe I'll see you before Saturday.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev Bubba
    Okay, I said I would post something to try to organize all the Passionites heading to Jim Thorpe for MBW so here you go.

Please indicate handle, name and campsite so we can get organized or at least cruise by and say hello. I'm suggesting that anyone who wants to do a group ride meet at site 4 at 10 am on Saturday.

Rev Bubba - Site 4 (Bob Veit) - I'm actually staying at the Inn at Jim Thorpe but I hang around with the parolees from Baltimore
    TurboB!tch - Site 4 (Sandy Veit) See above. She keeps me honest
    BikeBreath - Site 4 (Doug Hansen) He is a parolee. No one keeps him honest.

By the way, Site 4 belongs to BB and company, not me, so I hope they will not be offended by my using it as a meeting place but I couldn't think of another location.

Your turn........
    REV
    How is JT? I've dreamed of going but having a hard time getting away. Worth it?

mtbr member

Yes, definitely worth it but go with someone

Someone who knows the trails that is. There are plenty of trials, most pretty technical and many hard to find. Most maps are not that good from my experience. Figure one decent ride on one trail will run you 3 to 4 hours.

If you plan to ride an area called Coal Cracker take a compass. You will get lost. Everyone gets lost but if you head west at the end of the ride you will eventually find your way back to Mauch Chunk Park which is where most rides start or at least is the traditional base area. You can also start a ride from the town of Jim Thorpe itself but that will just include about 5 miles of rail trail. A very nice warm-up but not necessary.