k0na junkie

Rode Ringwood for the first time today

Had nothing to do in the morning so i decided to head up to Ringwood and try to find my way around. Even though it was my first time there, i have had a lot fo experience on a bike. I parked at the top of Skyline Dr. and proceeded down the yellow trail which was surprisingly technical. i then rode up cannonball and my tire popped. Stopped to fix it but lost the adapter on my pump so i couldnt put any air in. Then, it started pouring rain haha.. I walked all the way up the fire road after walking back down cannonball and made it back to my car in 30 minutes.

So after that fun experience, where should i try next time? the yellow trail was definately fun and challenging at places but left off without an easy way to get back up without shuttling. Im thinking of trying the race course probably tomorrow or the next day. What do u guys suggest?
    [SIZE="3"]'06 kona dawg deluxe[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]-'07 pike 426 coil
    -sun singletrack w/ hope pro II gold 20mm front
    -sun rhynolite rear
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    you rode today what we call skyline (or ramapo), not really ringwood, though you could ride from one "park" to another. skyline is real technical -- other trails than you did even moreseo.

check out the map from the rvcc site and follow that. better yet drive to Lot C tomorrow morning and wait for someone who knows where they're going and tag along. Ringwood has tons and tons of trails and it's easy to get lost. It's also too easy to stick to the fireroads when there's smokin singletrack all over.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Doug, there is a few good trails up on skyline drive. If you cross the road from where you park there is a yellow trail that is pretty challenging, very rocky, drops and so forth, you could ride that trail to parking lot c in ringwood if you wanted. The trail you were on today that dumped you out at the lake, can be taken across 287 and back also. The cannon ball trail probably seems to be the the most popular up there. I would do what justin says and check out the trail reviews and maps. I love skyline, I have been riding it for years. Good luck