mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Rip, I'm Really Sorry I Keep Asking You The Same Questions

Rip, I'm really sorry I keep asking you the same questions. It's part of my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and sometimes it's extremly hard for me not to ask the same questions over and over. I promise this is my very last question about Round Valley and the Cushetunk Trail:

Have you ever followed the Cushetunk Trail in Round Valley beyond the "Trail Closed" sign?

Brian

Rip
    Broken
    Hardly ever go to Round Valley now a days. The trail closed sign is seasonal due to that section being a bald eagle nesting ground. After the sign the cushetunk trail continues for awhile until you get to a turn around point. There might be a link to the mtn preserve there but I can't remember, I haven't been able to ride the whole thing since I busted my left hand up for the 2nd time 2 years ago.
    À tout le monde. À tous mes amis. Je vous aime. Je dois partir.
    These are the last words I'll ever speak And they'll set me free

Trek 6500 Disc
    i bike at round valley like 3-4 times a week due i live 5 minute riding distance from it try starting at the first boatlaunch and continue the trail past the fence( illegal but people can care less) but follow trail and its a pretty good ride till theend but wont allow u to go into cushetunk cuz of bald eagle sitings which sometimes you do see it. I've seent he eagle 4-5 times already. Very pretty Bird. BUt its an in and out trail but its better then riding the little part of cushetunk you have. When i ride round valley i do a total of like 16 miles i believe.
    Don't Blame the Equipment*
    Don't hit Ctrl+W....

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The section behind the trail closed signs is open now but it is fairly overgrown. It is probably the most technical section of trail that is there. If you continue along the cushtunk trail past the sign it is fairly flat for a while then goes up a huge hill and continues along a very sharp ridge with views to both sides (best section of trail when not overgrown) then you hit a fire road and a fence at then end of the trail.