Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ninja4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30

    Ringwoods new Red Trail AKA REDRUM

    Special thanks to Art and Ellen. This trail is amazing the rock work is Sahweet!!!!.


    Ringwood Red Trail (REDRUM) - YouTube

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    509
    Nice vid! I love Ringwood, what bikes were you guys rockin'?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ninja4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30
    The guy in front of me was on a Titus Racer X. I was on a Giant Trance X, behind me was a Pivot 5.7 and a Rip 9. Yeah man, Ringwood is the Shiit..

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    142
    hey!
    is this the new trail they have been working on connecting to skyline drive?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ninja4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30
    Yes, you can take the Green leaf trail at the top of Red to the yellow trail. From there you can go right on Yellow to Skyline DR. or left to the Look out by the White trail
    Last edited by ninja4life; 02-26-2012 at 10:59 AM.

  6. #6
    'Tis but a scratch
    Reputation: huffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,908
    This stretch of Ringwood Ramapo trail coming in from Skyline on C and Yellow is awesome. Its great going down from Skyline toward Ringwood. Its actually a doable and challenging climb coming back the other direction too. The builders should be very proud. There are other sweet sections of R-R in Ringwood coming down from the top of "The Knob".

  7. #7
    bikeaholic
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by huffster View Post
    This stretch of Ringwood Ramapo trail coming in from Skyline on C and Yellow is awesome. Its great going down from Skyline toward Ringwood. Its actually a doable and challenging climb coming back the other direction too. The builders should be very proud. There are other sweet sections of R-R in Ringwood coming down from the top of "The Knob".
    Anyone have a map of where this new trail is? Is it possible (ridable) to get from Skyline to Ringwood?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    588
    Great to hear of all the people enjoying this trail. Not only did Jorba volunteers spend 3 years working on this re-route, but the planning and negotiating took years as well.

    I am thrilled to see so many out riding it in both directions. It is a beautiful section of the park that I enjoy visiting throughout the year.

    We plan to continue work on Mar 17. Putting your hands in the project makes the ride even more precious. Imagine if we had the man power to re-route every old hiking trail in the park?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    119
    Wow, indeed looks awsome. Will have to get a Jersey shore crew up there soon. Crazy no snow. Doesn't even look too thawed out muddy. Nice Pixy/Art work.

  10. #10
    'Tis but a scratch
    Reputation: huffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,908

    Ringwood-Ramapo

    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Anyone have a map of where this new trail is? Is it possible (ridable) to get from Skyline to Ringwood?
    I don't have a map of this specific trail, but I can give you some resources:
    1) www.JORBA.org | JORBA - You Dig?. Go to Parks and Directory. Check out both Ramapo State Forest and Ringwood State Park. The connection of Ringwood-Ramapo is indicated on both maps but not shown with GPS accuracy. Basically, they will do the job.

    2) I attached a recent GPS I recorded on Everytrail. This is parking at the top lot on Skyline Drive. I took Red/White to Cannonball/Yellow to Yellow (at split) to Ringwood-Ramapo to Blue (*****y hike section) to Cannonball on return.

    Ramapo to Ringwood and back - Mountain biking trip | EveryTrail

  11. #11
    bikeaholic
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by huffster View Post
    I don't have a map of this specific trail, but I can give you some resources:
    1) www.JORBA.org | JORBA - You Dig?. Go to Parks and Directory. Check out both Ramapo State Forest and Ringwood State Park. The connection of Ringwood-Ramapo is indicated on both maps but not shown with GPS accuracy. Basically, they will do the job.

    2) I attached a recent GPS I recorded on Everytrail. This is parking at the top lot on Skyline Drive. I took Red/White to Cannonball/Yellow to Yellow (at split) to Ringwood-Ramapo to Blue (*****y hike section) to Cannonball on return.

    Ramapo to Ringwood and back - Mountain biking trip | EveryTrail
    Thanks for this. I'm fairly familiar with Ramapo, but the only course I'm familiar with in Ringwood is the race course/Skylands trail. Would it be best to try this newly cut section from the Ramapo side or from Ringwood?

  12. #12
    'Tis but a scratch
    Reputation: huffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Thanks for this. I'm fairly familiar with Ramapo, but the only course I'm familiar with in Ringwood is the race course/Skylands trail. Would it be best to try this newly cut section from the Ramapo side or from Ringwood?
    Come from the Ramapo side. If you come the other direction, you will be climbing all the nice switchbacks.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19
    This is the shuttle run from the natural gas area on skyline dr to the school. This includes cats nest...we were a little slow as my buddies brakes failed mid way down. It's is the best trail in the state! Enjoy
    Red Trail..Ringwood/Ramapo trl by chairguy5 at Garmin Connect - Details

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ninja4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by chairguy5 View Post
    This is the shuttle run from the natural gas area on skyline dr to the school. This includes cats nest...we were a little slow as my buddies brakes failed mid way down. It's is the best trail in the state! Enjoy
    Red Trail..Ringwood/Ramapo trl by chairguy5 at Garmin Connect - Details
    We're kind of doing the same run this Sunday except were taking Yellow to Red to white by the look out than doing reverse yellow. No shuttling. You should come join use. Meeting at the Top of Skyline Dr. @ 7:45

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2
    very cool! hopefully i can check out this trail sometime in the future !

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Reggie Hammond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    88
    This new re-route is pure sweetness!!! Made the trip from Allamuchy several times to enjoy!!! A huge kudos to the entire team who has spent countless hours dedicated to this park. THANK YOU!!!
    Nothing really witty to say..........

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19
    Thanks for last weeks invite..It would be great to hook up..Time is tight for me these days,

    enjoy the ride.


    Quote Originally Posted by ninja4life View Post
    We're kind of doing the same run this Sunday except were taking Yellow to Red to white by the look out than doing reverse yellow. No shuttling. You should come join use. Meeting at the Top of Skyline Dr. @ 7:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •