mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Ringwood Trail Work Days 3/28 and 3/29

Like the new trails in Ringwood? We're doing some more.

Jorba/RVCC will be starting 2009 trail building (re-route) on Saturday and Sunday March 28 & 29.

Volunteers meet at Lot C at 8:45 and prepared to RIDE YOUR BIKE to the work site. It is quite a few miles back in the woods. Tools will be provided but bring work gloves, water and enough food for 4-5 hours work.
    Last edited by pixy; 03-26-2009 at 03:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    We will work in a sprinkle, but heavy or steady rain will cancel. We have added a Saturday work day too.

mtbr member
    about how many miles is to the site from lot c?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by david8613
    about how many miles is to the site from lot c?
    Aprox 4+ miles. Most of it is on fireroad uphill and double track, with a short section on rolling singletrack. It will be much faster getting out.

mtbr member
    how did you guys make out?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Great work days! With the deadfall removal on Friday, we ended up with: 3 days, 28 people, and 103 hours of work. 350 feet of trail was bench cut into a 50 percent side hill, rock work and all. Thanks much to all the volunteers!!!

Next work day April 26.

WooHoo Biking!!!!
    Do you have a Long/Lat. of the new trail. I was trying to find the new trails today, but did not see anything new.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    If you are referring to the work done last weekend, we only did 350 ft of re-route, and both ends are not connected yet. The old trail is still open. There is still a lot of work to do before we open it, and it is difficult to even bush-whack up there b/c of the steep slope. We hope to connect by the end of the year.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    As i see the next time you will be working is April 26? I'd love to come help out but im a teenager so i don't know if that would be approved. Anyway im completely obsessed with mtbing, infact i was up there yesterday (the 14th) for about 4 hours with my friend. Also, yesterday i believe i rode the Ringwood-Ramapo trail, marked by a single red marker, however i entered it from the top of "the knob", and i followed it down to White's Road and found a sign that says hikers only, but from the top there was no sign that said that and i saw many bike tracks along the trail, is the hikers only sign valid? Thanks
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ajd245246
    As i see the next time you will be working is April 26? I'd love to come help out but im a teenager so i don't know if that would be approved. Anyway im completely obsessed with mtbing, infact i was up there yesterday (the 14th) for about 4 hours with my friend. Also, yesterday i believe i rode the Ringwood-Ramapo trail, marked by a single red marker, however i entered it from the top of "the knob", and i followed it down to White's Road and found a sign that says hikers only, but from the top there was no sign that said that and i saw many bike tracks along the trail, is the hikers only sign valid? Thanks
    Trail work is open to all ages, and 2 boys came to the last work day and did some awesome work! It is a great way to get involved and learn the ropes. The Ringwood/Ramapo trail is open to bikes, and is part of the current work project. The Halifax Trail is hiking only.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Thats great to hear, and thanks for clearing up the trail situation. I'll see if i can make the next work day.
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

mtbr member
    just joined the site and i live in Sloatsburg and been riding in my woods but being that ringwood is one mile away i need to get my butt back up there so i think ill try to get up there on the 26th also.

will the people running it post here again before the date so we know its on?
    GT XCR 3000. not stock!