mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Ringwood ride 4/6/12

Went out today to check things out. I was on the blue kona coiler with a full face if anyone happened to see me.

What part of the red trail was rerouted/reworked? I did my usual parking lot C to the top of the mountain right in front of it, then took the red trail toward brushwood pond. When I got to the first fireroad at the bottom i realized I couldn't cross the creek so I headed down to the paved road and then went up the adjacent fire road. I came up to where the red trail continues but it said hikers only... Has the sign just not been changed yet? After that I just continued up the fire roads because I have never been to the airfield and wanted to check it out. Man I am out of shape!

The part of the red trail that I rode was exceptional though! Did the trail workers put in the drops or did someone else trail blaze them? The one I hit was right along the trail, the real trail curved left and the drop was straight, it looked like the landing had been recently built up. After about 10 minutes of manning up I finally hit it
    Ringwood Red Trail Drop - YouTube

Warm Puppy Rock
    Ringwood ride 4/6/12-gopr1287.jpg
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

bikeaholic
    Aug 2004
    Cant' tell by the video which drop that is, but if it's the one that's up right by Warm Puppy, then that drop has been there for a while. First time I hit it I didn't even know it was coming. Super fun. It took me forever to find it again because I didn't stop to look and see where it actually was. I happened to by hiking with my girlfriend up there a few weeks later and I was like "Oh, that's where that drop is!".

The red trail from Warm Puppy down to the road is my favorite part of the park.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    This wasn't the drop next to warm puppy, it was a bit farther down the trail and not as tall. I have run that section of the trail tons of times and never noticed the drop you are talking about until yesterday, you really have to be looking back up the trail to see it. I'll save that one for next time

Definitely impressed with the work that has been done
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

mtbr member
    Sometime this week im hoping to head up to ringwood since its one of the closest areas to ride to me...def a good place to break in the new to me ex-7 (first dual suspension)
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2002 Raleigh Mountain Scout
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by henry9419 View Post
    Sometime this week im hoping to head up to ringwood since its one of the closest areas to ride to me...def a good place to break in the new to me ex-7 (first dual suspension)
    Sick man, that bike will be perfect for ringwood, it's definitely tricky on a hardtail up there. I go back to school this week so my riding will be curbed for a while

mtbr member
    I was gonna go to ringwood today (i got the ex7 yesterday) but i wasnt quite sure where the trails started from so i didnt go, can someone give me a more exact address?

Yea school started again today for me too so im back to quick after school rides or saturday mornings
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    Where is this lot c??
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    Some start from Lot C. Some start from the top of Skyline Dr. I prefer Lot C myself when I do Ringwood.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    This is the map I use, it's a little out dated but fine for finding the general area that trails are in, it hasn't let me down yet. Parking Lot C is marked by "Pc"

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    HOLY BIG PIC BATMAN! didn't know it was going to be that big lol

mtbr member
    Ok that actually helps alot, now what street is lot c on? From what i can tell its cottage road correct?
    2009 Jamis Trail X2
    2008 Trek fuel ex7

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Technically if you google map it, it's on Honeysuckle Lane. On the map its to the right of the Botanical Gardens and underneath the Cabin Trail.