mtbr member
    May 2007

Ringwood Race Loop?

I've read that the race loop is well marked but I can never find it. I probably just dont know what to look for or am in the wrong area. I usually hit the areas above parking lot C.

Any help would be appreciated

mtb jeff
    Nov 2006

race loop

The race loop starts at Shepards Lake. From the boat house travel on the fire road and watch for the RVCC markers.I won't attempt to explain the course, however if you go to the RVCC[Ramapough Valley Cycle Club] web site you will find a map.
    Team Campmor
    RVCC

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks, I'll start from Sheperd's Lake next time, hopefully I'll be able to pick it up.
    Do they keep it marked all year long?

Also the map I got from RVCC doesnt seem to have the course outlined either, again am I missing something?

mtb jeff
    Nov 2006

trail marking

Yes the trail is marked year round with a brown on white logo mounted on a 36" high flexible plastic strip.[kind of sort of]
    I checked out the map, I only understand it because I already know it. If your intrested RVCC hosts rides saturday AMs when volunteers are available.Check the wabsite from time to time.
    Also, if you took this posting one step further and asked for a guide, I think you would do well.I would volunteer ,but my ride schedule has been sketchy.
    Good luck
    Team Campmor
    RVCC

mtbr member
    I had no problem riding the race loop by myself with no previous experience, it is well marked. Finding the beginning was sort of difficult. You have to go about a half mile past the boat house on a fire road that travels along the waters edge. On your way along the fire road you will see a single track on your right, go past that, that single track is the end of the race loop. The fire road will come to a big split where you should see the RVCC race sign telling you to go off to the right. The beginning of the race loop is fire road for a few miles, then it gets increasingly more techy and singletrack as you go.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    thanks - Going to try to hit it this weekend - if you see a guy looking confused on a yellow stumpy lend a hand!

Do you usually park in C and ride over or park by Shephard's Lake?

mtbr member
    i've parked over at the boat launch parking usually (right at the oat house). i think you're not supposed to unless you have a boat, but the lot is huge and i've never had a problem. there is a HUGE lot about a few hundred yards from the boat house. so definitely park at the lake.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

TM and rides

Try making the TM days for Ringwood and the mtb ride afterward it great. Not only do you ride parts of the race, but the lesser known stuff.
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Went up yesterday and found the course no problem once I found the RVCC sticker on those posts (cool logo but very tough to distinguish from the other signs at any speed
    ).

Man those switchback climbs are hard. I'm getting back into the sport after a 10 year hiatus so my skiils are rusty to say the least but I dont think I sucessfully made it around one of those hairpins..Would love to see the experts and pros do them on race day.

Anyway, thanks to RVCC for all their work, will definetly try to make a TM day.