Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007

Riding near Parsippany?

Whatsup Jersey .

I'll be visiting Parsippany this weekend via Boston... are there any good spots to ride nearby? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Well you've got:

Tourne Park in Boonton which is 5-10 mins away(Not very many trails but good for an hour or two)
    Lewis Morris Park outside of Morristown which is 15-20 min away(Bigger system but can still ride all trails in 2+ hrs)
    Skyline Drive in Wanaque which is about 20 mins away(Very techy and fun stuff which can be linked to Ringwood)
    Ringwood State Park which is about 30 mins away(Big trail system with some techy stuff and lots of fireroads)
    Allamuchy State Park which is about 45 mins away(Very Large and Confusing trails system with some of the best stuff in Jerz)
    Chimney Rock which is about 45 mins away(Cool place that is much smaller than the above with great features)
    Then there's always
    Blue Mtn NY or Stewart NY which are about an hour away...shall I continue?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You also have Mahlon Dickerson about 30 minutes away as well.

mtbr member
    I always forget about that place...

www.mtbnj.com
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XC62701
    I always forget about that place...
    Shame on you, Ryan

Check out our trail directory for maps, driving directions and trail reviews:

http://www.mtbnj.com/directory.php

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Also have Split Rock in Rockaway - 15 min away.

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Sweet, thanks guys. All this advice without a single "F the Red Sox" comment, glorius!

So, I sold my FS and am now riding a single speed hardtail 29er. Having said that, out of all those options, what would be my best bet? I'd rate myself in the intermediate zone. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    With that setup, I am throwing Hartshorne into the mix. Rollercoaster type trails with ups and downs, not rocky, nice ocean views and pretty close(within 45 minutes or so).

www.mtbnj.com
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Chocula
    Sweet, thanks guys. All this advice without a single "F the Red Sox" comment, glorius!

So, I sold my FS and am now riding a single speed hardtail 29er. Having said that, out of all those options, what would be my best bet? I'd rate myself in the intermediate zone. Thanks!
    I'd suggest Lewis Morris. However, there is a race there on Sunday, if that is your thing: www.h2hrace.com

mtbr member

Lewis morris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr0101
    I'd suggest Lewis Morris. However, there is a race there on Sunday, if that is your thing: www.h2hrace.com
    If you not into racing they have the entire course laid out on saturday, you can get in a good ride through the entire park.

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Good stuff guys! Hit me up if any of you are ever in the Boston area. -EC

mtbr member
    Tourne FTW. I got a blow job from the local slizzut back in the day. Good memories.

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007
    Hey guys- I ended up hitting Lewis Morris... good times. Rode the yellow loop, tied in some of the red and explored around a little. Perfect SS trail, and a welcome respite from all the rocks out here.

Is there anything else worth hitting in there? I should be back in a month, might check out Tourne, but I was getting that "fireroad" feeling, and that's not my bag.

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Split rock reservation

Try split rock reservation. Go to Mtbnj.com to get more info and watch the vid on the place. And hit up the forum board for a guide. See ya there, NJ Jess
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org