mtbr member

Riding my Stumpy at Diablo?

I posted this in GD but wasn't sure if I'd get much of an answer there, this is more generalized to those who have actually ridden Diablo in the NJ forum. Would it be a bad idea to ride my stumpjumper at diablo or would it be ok? I was thinking of going tomorrow or monday and I wanted some opinions before I decide to use my own bike or rent

banned
    Yes, you could ride a stumpy at Diablo........but, I suggest renting an IronHorse from Diablo. The stumpy will really limit what trails you can ride, and thats like.......... the nice way to put it. Can you afford to rent a bike? If so, do that, if not........then ride your bike and you will still have fun. Post this question on ridemonkey, under the diablo forum, you will get better feedback.

mtbr member
    thanks man. Ya I can rent, i decided i was gonna do that after thinking it over earlier. Id rather not use my bike, at least the first time going there. Im positive Im going to love it (have done some fr/dh before) so Im considering buying myself a dh bike for christmas

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve430
    thanks man. Ya I can rent, i decided i was gonna do that after thinking it over earlier. Id rather not use my bike, at least the first time going there. Im positive Im going to love it (have done some fr/dh before) so Im considering buying myself a dh bike for christmas
    I just did the same thing. Christmas in July is a wonderful thing. (R9 by the way)

mtbr member
    haha true that. I went today...holy ****.I didnt rent either I used my bike too, bad idea. The stumpjumper is DEFINITELY not supposed to be at diablo.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I rode a diamonback xsl there a few times, think all mountain 5"/5". Was nice not having to buy an expensive bike just to ride a bunch of times over the summer. I would take it down dominion/alpine and would have fun, though I was to scared to launch over the dominion jumps, I took it easy. Went through a bunch of others though. Had to pump myself up to go over the smallest step jump

I blew a couple tubes a day, blew the front shock, blew the rear shock, bent the handlebars going otb over the back to back kickers thats halfway down the mountain. The 6" rotors could hardly handle the constant braking I needed to do when decending the more technical trails, they would get so hot you could smell them.

I just like the idea of taking MY bike and using it.

Then I bought an iron horse sgs but havent taken it there yet.

I'd do it if you don't feel like swinging the money to rent. Just take it easy.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    you "can" ride a short travel bike at diablo...just like you "can" ride a moped on the autobahn.

do it right. don't waste your time.

abc
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I blew a couple tubes a day, blew the front shock, blew the rear shock, bent the handlebars going otb over the back to back kickers thats halfway down the mountain. The 6" rotors could hardly handle the constant braking I needed to do when decending the more technical trails, they would get so hot you could smell them.
    Sounds to me it might be cheaper to rent after all?