mtbr member
    May 2005

Riding gear for cold weather?

I am hoping to ride through the winter this year & I wonder what gear to buy to stay warm. Anybody have any tips or suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Anthony

mtbr member
    Cheapest stuff i went with: Leg warmers, booties (go over your clipless shoes), winter riding gloves (saw some awesome ones at Campmor), a really good baselayer, a windproof shell, winter hat that fits under your helmet (they make these), and whole bunch of those finger/toe warmers.

I also suggest you get your bike winterized by getting a decent tune-up. If you have a full suspension you are going to hear frightening sounds coming from your bike.

mtbr member
    I have had good luck with adidas climawarm and nike acg gear. They are windproof and tend have good mobility of movement since the fabric can stretch.
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

JORBA: Six Mile Run
    JORBA: Six Mile Run Chapter. Sixmile at jorba dot org

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Brian, how have you been? Riding at Ringwood lately?

Thanks for the tips everyone.... I can probably get away with using some of my ski gear but will definitely have to get some other stuff.

AS

mtbr member
    I forgot that was your username, didn't even put it together. I've been riding all over, with Ringwood being my main exception. Still get lost in there other than the race loop. I do know my way around Ramapo now though and started squeezing in some post-work rides there in the late summer. Parking at the bottom of Cannonball, heading up for a loop around the lake and back makes for a nice hour - hour and a half ride.

Shoot me a text if you ever want to ride. I will be hitting Blue this weekend hopefully.

mtbr member
    i love icebreaker and craft stuff. great cold weather stuff and great companies too. i've had success finding closeouts on steepandcheap and also at campmor.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I'll be riding Blue on Sunday, maybe I'll see you there. I usually do one weekend day at Ringwood and I know it pretty well now. Let me know if you ever want to ride there. I've been slacking on my night rides but usually do those at Ringwood on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. I'll let you know if I'm ever headed that way on a weekday, Ramapo is a little closer for me.

AS