Thread: RIDGEwood

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

RIDGEwood

Hey guys, been forever since I was on this forum...

I used to live in Wayne so it was a hop and a skip to the top of skyline drive for a fun downhill or even to ringwood so they became my go-to spots for riding. I recently moved to Ridgewood and its a bit of a huck to get over to Skyline now...all I know of around me is the huge saddlebrook park system, but thats nowhere near the kind of riding I want to be doing, esp on my Kona Coiler lol. Are there any trails in the Ridgewood area that anyone knows of? Particularly downhill but XC is ok too for now..I just miss riding!

Cheers

'Tis but a scratch
    There are barely any woods in Ridgewood. Skyline Dr is pretty close. The only thing that is closer is High Mountain Park Preserve. I've only been there once. It was pretty good. But, its definitely not Ringwood.

http://www.waynetownship.com/maps/mountainpark.pdf

RideDirt
    come on down to skyline ! lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Listen to aedubber, quit your belly achin', grab your coiler, get on 208 and drive the 15min to Skyline Drive. Seriously though, there is no riding but road riding in Ridgewood so make the drive.

KingBean
    c;mon, you still pretty close to RINGwood.

Skyline (Ramapo) is the closest...should take you no more than 20 mins.....
    "I'm the Dude! That's what you call me, you know... That or His Dudeness, Duder, El Dudarino..."
    MTBNJ.COM

mtbr member
    I vote for Ramapo, but that is just me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Ringwood/Ramapo both within 1/2 hr.

mtbr member
    hi guys, trying to find my way around ringwood/ramapo. visited this trail last month took us two hours trying to find the parking then finally found it by the botanical garden parking lot C. Due to closure, we were only able to climb all the way up and go through the red trail. Any suggestions on how to get to other part of this park? skyline, cannonball, etc and where to park .... much appreciated

fellow rider who's dying to ride

'Tis but a scratch
    Take 287 to Skyline Dr exit and go right (uphill). You will pass 1 parking lot real soon, but keep going and park up at the top of the climb on the left. Right out of that lot you can find a red/white trail. Follow that west until you hit the Cannonball trail (white C on red). Take a right and that will take you north across Skyline Dr. Soon it will be joined by Yellow. Take joint Yellow and Cannonball until they split. Follow yellow until you reach Ringwood/Ramapo (if I recall, its a red square on white). Follow this all the way down to the stream bed and cross it. Soon look for a blue trail. Take a right. You will likely experience some hike-a-bike on blue. Its the price you pay for the joy you had so far. You have a couple choices on the way back. I usually take yellow back, but you can go past yellow on blue until you get to cannonball. Either way you will take a right and head south. Either way it will take you back to the joint yellow and cannonball you came in on. So, when you reach the joint yellow/cannonball, then just return on that back across Skyline and to red/white at the top of skyline (TOS). Have fun!

mtbr member
    huffster,

Thanks a bunch for the directions. I'll be heading there this weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoNyC View Post
    huffster,

Thanks a bunch for the directions. I'll be heading there this weekend.

Huffster,

Thanks a bunch again. Found it and Had so much fun and almost cracked my sternum (fist time riding clipless)... Landed on my handle bar but I'm good. Definitely riding that place again. Tons of techy stuff.

Take care!

'Tis but a scratch
    Glad you found your way and enjoyed it. Sorry to hear about the shot to the sternum. Clipless is worth the learning curve though!