mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Recommend a trail in the Morristown/Parsippany area

Hi,
    I am in this area for work but brought my MTB. Although I brought my AS-X that is more FR/DH oriented to go to Diablo on Saturday I may have time on Friday to scout at least a trail in the area. I check the MTBNJ website and noticed a few spots. What should I try first?

Thanks,
    Sylvain

mtbr member

Depends on how you define close

While not right next to Morristown or Parsippany, Mahlon Dickerson Reservation in Jefferson and Allamuchy State Park in Byram are two technical areas that may suit your needs. A little closer but not very technical is Lewis Morris County Park in Morristown and The Tourne in Boonton Township. All the areas are listed on the JORBA website. None of the them is more than 45 minutes to an hour from Morristown/Parsippany. Probably closer.

Have fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into those! A radius of approx. 1hr is fine with me.

S.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for the recommendation. The place was fun and I managed not to get lost! In fact following the marked trails was quite easy and I had a GPS. The blue or green trail, the one crossing the rail trail, is quite technical. So much that on one side it is quite unrideable.

Overall I did 23.7km and 2000' of climbing (some of it was pushing the big bike).

Here are some pics I took.
    http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k...view=slideshow

mtbr member
    nice pics...never did Mahlon....looks fun