mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Ramapo Ringwood Vid- Rainy Day Post

Its not art but it passes the time.....

This is from 4/5 9 am start from top of skyline through Ramapo to ringwood proper and back. We did not film all day...just parts...

Pulled this together this morning....I LOVE this place!

On The Rocks In Ringwood from josh haims on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    pretty cool. what kind of camera and computer program you using?

mtbr member
    Love it, you pulled through the rocks great.And no worries, i spill at 2:46 too Is your camera on hb or helmet ?
    Scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. ~ Nikola Tesla

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    thanks. and i felt like shi#@ that day too! was sick as a dog. willed my way through the ride....

this is a handlelbar mount (with front suspension). I took another vid on my rigid there last time and boy it was knocked around...just brutal!

its a go pro wide camera. good for what i want. there are others that are higher quality but for around $200 all in it cant be beat. plenty of posts about it on mtbr or check it out here: http://www.goprocamera.com/

I used my wifes macbook imovie program to make the vid....simple amatuer stuff...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    forget the camera .. what's the song?! love the old school funk

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I have the go pro also and i mount it on my Hb but the picture is jumpy. do you get better results mounted to helmet?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    you tend to get "different" results with helmet cam. A bit more fluid, some bobbing, some weaving, but at RWOOD- its all going to be a bit jarring. on smoother trails helmet cam is very nice. the reason i stick with bar mount is you can just lean over and get the vids rolling. on the helment you have to take the helmet off or a friend has to get the setting right....its not just point and click......you have to toggle to get to video vs. pictures. too much to explan on messageboard but its simple- just annoying thing....

the song...gosh...i dont know. i pulled it off my wifes PC. not sure where she got it....

Arf, he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by soundz
    The song is "I'm a Man" by the Spencer Davis Group circa 1967. That's actually a young Stevie Winwood on vocals.

Cool vid BTW!

danger! danger!
    Quote Originally Posted by soundz
    Originally done by the Spencer Davis group this is the Chicago version of "I'm a Man".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOvGa-8-Lns
    aka - VelocityBoy