Southerner In NJ
    Feb 2009

Princeton Area Rides

I am fairly new to the area and now live in West Windsor/Princeton Area. I'm looking for a good trail that me and my family could ride on. We tow a child trailer so it would need to be paved / gravel. I would appreciate your suggestions. Thank you in advance!

Caveat: I want to try and stay away from roads when possible. We have ridden around our neighborhood and to say the least some of the people in this state should have their license ripped up.

WooHoo Biking!!!!
    The best place is the Canal path. It goes from New Brunswick to the Deleware river and then up towards Frenchtown. It is just a cinder path and is very friendly. There are a few road crossings, but you can ride for miles without seeing a car.
    Click here: http://www.dandrcanal.com

JORBA: Six Mile Run
    Also, the paved path in Mercer County Park is great for towing the little ones.
    JORBA: Six Mile Run Chapter. Sixmile at jorba dot org

Southerner In NJ
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbegong
    Also, the paved path in Mercer County Park is great for towing the little ones.
    Yes the paved paths at MCP have become our family hotspot. We've now logged over 60 miles in 2 weeks there towing my daughter around. Absolutely love it there and its with in a 5 minute car ride from the house.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I am headed to Princeton this Saturday. Is there any good off road / single track near Princeton?

JORBA: Six Mile Run
    Nothing will be in good condition for riding with the rain we had, and it looks like more is on the way.

If you have a road bike, there are great roads in the Princeton area.
    JORBA: Six Mile Run Chapter. Sixmile at jorba dot org

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks, yes too wet for trail ridin' so I got in 30 miles on the D&R Towpath - nice and senic and no cars!!! still a bit damp and a few puddles left me spashed with sandy mud but it was a good way to spend 2 hours. I would not recommend heading towards Trenton as I did, the opposite direction would probably be even nicer.
    Next time I'm gonna take the road and head towards Sourlands and mix in a few trail miles too.