mtbr member

Post Thanksgiving at Deer Park?

Visiting family in Montague, NJ for Thanksgiving, and am planning on going for a short ride with my wife Friday morning.

I think we're going to ride Deer Park, since it's relatively close by and seems to have a decent map available at the parking lot (per posts I've found on this forum). High Point is literally right around the corner from where I'll be, but the info on that park is pretty sparse.

How do the trails at Deer Park look - have you guys received any snow yet? Any recommended loops (6 to 10 miles)? Also, is hunting allowed there?

Thanks,
    Antonio

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Dp

The trails should be in good shape, no snow for now. Dont count on there being maps at the kiosk. Go to www.jorba.org and download a map of the park to help you get a round.

If you dont have a map a decent 10 mile loop that is easy to follwo woud be the White trail all the way to the end, make a left onto the dirt raod - blazed Blue, take to the gate where the Blue ends. Stay on the dirt road to the yellow, take yellow back to white and make a left on white back to the parking lot.

I know there are several rides goig off on Friday at DP so there should be lots of people on the trails.

mtbr member
    Thanks a lot, Bob!