• 12-16-2012
    rlb81
    Petition against trail closure at Six Mile Run
    https://www.change.org/petitions/d-r...at-6-mile-run#

The park is closing the red trail between Jacques Ln and Canal Rd. Please sign the petition in support of keeping this trail open.
  • 12-16-2012
    wschruba
    I have no problem signing a petition, but there are two sides to every story. Why does the park want it closed?
  • 12-17-2012
    rlb81
    The trail ends on a narrow road so the park is worried about liability from a cyclist entering the roadway. However closure of this trail disrupts riding the complete loop of the park, and forces cyclists to ride that same narrow road for a much longer stretch.
  • 12-17-2012
    jochribs
    Signed...Six Mile Run is awesome.
  • 12-21-2012
    njdj
    Signed.
  • 12-21-2012
    gobriango
    signed
  • 12-21-2012
    Stratocaster
    Plus one.
    Done.
  • 12-28-2012
    trener1
    Do you have to be a NJ resident to sign it?.
  • 12-29-2012
    jredling
    Signed!
  • 01-07-2013
    huffster
    I'm a little late to the party. I haven't ridden Six Mile but have heard good things. After pulling up the map, I can see why this would disrupt flow and force you out to the road...which seems to be the concern to begin with. So, I signed the petition.

On a related note: Is this trail segment closed now? I am planning to go there soon and want to know if I should just do the road segment. No need to piss people off while this is being settled.
  • 01-10-2013
    Philbobagginz
    I'm also late, but was still able to sign. :thumbsup:
  • 01-13-2013
    jochribs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by huffster View Post
    I'm a little late to the party. I haven't ridden Six Mile but have heard good things. After pulling up the map, I can see why this would disrupt flow and force you out to the road...which seems to be the concern to begin with. So, I signed the petition.

On a related note: Is this trail segment closed now? I am planning to go there soon and want to know if I should just do the road segment. No need to piss people off while this is being settled.

Yeah, that's a good question.

On the topic of you getting out to Six Mile Run in general, I say definitely get out there when it dries up. The place is awesome in my opinion. It's not a technical place, but a place where you ride as fast as your legs and turning ability will let you. I really love that place. 'Specially starting out in the Canal lot in summer and blazing the singletrack through the wildflower field. Honey bees are doing their thing and it is just awesome...
  • 05-30-2013
    seanhvw
    Signed
    I was just going to ride for the first time. My Armory is nearby and just found out about this trail.