mtbr member

Patriots Path MDHM TWP

Hey guys. Old guy here just finally getting into mtb. Question on Patriots Path in Mendham - specifically in the township by the twp police station on cherry. When coming down to the police station, from the elementary school direction, WHERE do you pick it up across the street? I couldn't find it, and to be candid, was pretty wiped, so went the rest of the way by street.

The same goes in the other direction, when you get to Ironia road, there are signs across the street saying no biking - it looks private.

Last question. How long does it take to get enough confidence to clear some of those bridges lol? Like the one with the logs by the elementary school? I feel like an old goober hopping off to walk across.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks all. ..... and if one of you passed me yesterday when I had my 8 yr old, thanks for giving us more trail as we're learning as ediquette (never could spell that word) as quick as we can.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    The trail goes from behind the police station (is this where you're confused, you have to go behind the building?) to right accross the street. The part across the street is really obvious. There's wooden stairs leading up the embankment.

That bridge is easy and I'm sure you'll get it soon. Look where you want to go - straight ahead. For a little fun, the key is to hit it fast and lift the front wheel off the other side for a foot or two of air.

mtbr member
    Thanks goldsbar. Found it last night. I was coming out on the wrong side of the Police Station.

Bridge is easy eh? LOL, I'll take your word for it that it will get easier. I started at coldhill road, then went down to Ironia Road first before heading towards lewis morris. Once you cross over Cherry, and go up those steps, I went as far as a steep drop (after passing the corral and stream). Wasn't sure I'd have enough daylight to get back and cut it close.

I'm sure that's nothing to you guys, but I'm just getting into this. At this point though, I must fess up that I feel like I'll never be able to climb that hill by the corral lol. Thx for the help.