mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Once a week kinda thing

I'm a truck driver from Wisconsin, so this may seem a little different. I come to NJ and or NYC every week. Usually get in Wednesday afternoon, but I'm looking for places to ride. Mostly my routes bring me in on I80 and I287 sometimes.
    I've been looking at trail reviews and would love to go to a lot of them, but the problem is I've got a 75ft/80,000lb monster I've got to park. State and county parks don't like me.
    I ride mostly XC on a Klein Attitude, but have the skill to ride almost anything you can throw at me. I've raced XC, DH, 4X and trials in the last 20 years and also at one time owned a bike shop. Definitely a bike junkie.
    So here's what I'm looking for... any help finding places withing a few miles I can ride to trails that I can park the semi at. Anyone that might want to ride, possibly pick me up and we can go riding somewhere. (bonus is, I still have my wholesale accounts, so the rider that would be interested in this could get stuff pretty cheap)
    Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Nate

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Exit 57 (Skyline Dr) off of i287 in NJ you have Ramapo and Ringwood State parks. Plenty of good riding, you'll probably need a map which are available here North Jersey Trails Map | New York-New Jersey Trail Conference and NYNJ Trail Conference Map - North Jersey Trails - NJ, 67825 | Maps | Maps & Books | GEAR | items from Campmor.

mtbr member
    I think that the rest stop on 80W at the top of the hill before the Allamuchy exit has side trails that link with the main trail system. Others may be able to chime in but there's hope!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    That rest stop by Allamuchy would be great, I think I see where I can hook up with the rest of the trails. That one may even be seen by me this week.
    The Ramapo and Ringwood would be nice, but is there any parking I might be able to put a semi?
    Thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    You could ride Stephens and Allamuchy north if you parked at the Holiday Inn that's is located in Mount Olive near the international trade zone. It's right off of RT 80. You could also hit Deer Park off of exit 19 rt 80 if you park at the panther valley shopping center area. Either location would need only a short 5-10 minute road ride to hit the trail head. Hopefully BobW can chime in and add his expertise.

mtbr member
    check your PMs

mtbr member
    I would recommend trying out Patriots Path in the Morristown NJ area.
    It is a short trip on 287 less than 10 miles from Rt 80.

Patriots Path and Lewis Morris County Park New Jersey Trail Reviews

mtbr member
    You can park approx 300 yards from Deer Park Road.

Exit 19 off Rt 80; head towards Hackettstown. Deer Park Road is just over 1.5 miles from the exit. Go past by Deer Park Road and park on the left side of the road in a dirt parking area. I've seen trucks parked there many times.

Ride the road the 300 yards and bare right onto Deer Park Road. Take that to the 1st parking lot and pick a trail head to start. From there, you can hit up Deer Park, Stephens State Park, and even Allamuchy North without having to get back into your rig. Your best bet IMHO. Have Fun!!!
    Nothing really witty to say..........

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

No need

Looks like enough experts here already!
    www.JORBA.org
    You Dig?
    "The rides to short to not kick against the pricks" M.F.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danglingmanhood View Post
    Exit 57 (Skyline Dr) off of i287 in NJ you have Ramapo and Ringwood State parks. Plenty of good riding, you'll probably need a map which are available here North Jersey Trails Map | New York-New Jersey Trail Conference and NYNJ Trail Conference Map - North Jersey Trails - NJ, 67825 | Maps | Maps & Books | GEAR | items from Campmor.
    Skyline drive has a weight limit and Tractor Trailers are not allowed on it.

Allamuchy/Deer Park is your best bet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm going to head to this tomorrow afternoon I hope, unless I can unload early (which I highly doubt). So if you see a green Peterbilt with a reefer that says Daniel Trucking, I'm out there somewhere. Thanks for all the help!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckfut View Post
    I'm going to head to this tomorrow afternoon I hope, unless I can unload early (which I highly doubt). So if you see a green Peterbilt with a reefer that says Daniel Trucking, I'm out there somewhere. Thanks for all the help!
    Enjoy your ride. Keep in mind we got over 2" of rain here in the last 48hrs.