Attention all mtb racers and race fans- the flyer is out for the 2008 NYCMTB All-City XC race at Highbridge Park in upper Manhattan on July 6th. Download the flyer here:
Registration is open on bikereg:
A few high points:
• The course has been expanded to 4 miles from the 2.125 miles of last
year. The course includes more urban park terrain including stairs, paved paths with broken pavement, graffiti'd overpasses, etc., and the non-singletrack sections will make the race a bit less brutal than last year and less repetitious.
• Race date is July 6th- the weekend before the NORBA national at Windham, and we expect some national pros to be on hand for the race. We're offering $500 to the top male and female pro racers. Total cash and prize value for the race is over $5000!
• Registration is limited to 300 racers due to space and parking concerns, so please pre-register.
• All pre-registrants will receive a free race t-shirt featuring a variation of the design on the race flyer.
• Race results will be posted on nycmtb.com within 24 hours of the race. We'll be using a computerized timing system, but also a full manual backup to guarantee accurate results.
• Please use tough tires. The Highbridge trails are urban trails, and although we scour the trails before the race to remove debris and glass, there is no way for us to remove everything. Paper-thin race tires are not suitable for the course.
• All junior racers (15-18 ) race for only $5 (beginner, sport and expert). We're committed to encouraging more juniors to participate in mountain bike racing.
Come on out July 6th and race, or if you're not the racing type, volunteer and help us make it happen (or just come on out to watch). See you there!
Results 1 to 4 of 4