mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Northern NJ / Southern NY / Eastern PA rides?

Hey...I'm flying in from Colorado next week and I'll have my bike. Looking for some good longer rides (up to 20 miles). Prefer single track. Long climbs also nice (yes I realize that long in NJ will be a lot shorter than long in Colorado).

Last year I rode Kittatinny and Mahlon Dickerson. Both were ok, but I don't have a problem with more climbing. I've ridden Allamuchy years ago, so that's already on the list to re-visit.

Probably would like to stay within about 2 hours of Roxbury.

I bet I'm the only person that travels from Colorado to go mountain biking in NJ. ...I did have a really good time last time. It's fun to ride with trees.

mtbr member
    I've been to Allamuchy only once, but it sounds like it is what you want. Also consider Ramapo/Ringwood. You can start down in Pompton Lakes and go to and from Shepherds Lake at the NJ/NY border. Lots of climbs and rocks.

'Tis but a scratch
    A couple of my favorite parks in the southern NY and northern NJ area are Wawayanda State Park and Stewart State Forest. They are both places where you could ride for several hours and have a nice diversity and pleanty of single track. There are some good maps at Wawayanda State Park | JORBA - You Dig? for Wawayanda and at Stewards of Stewart for Stewart State Forest. There are plenty of trails that are not on these maps, too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Allamuchy Rides

If you are up for a ride(s) after work hours (meet 5:30ish) next week, would be more than happy to give you a tour. Drop me a line.

Bob
    www.JORBA.org
    You Dig?
    "The rides to short to not kick against the pricks" M.F.