Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NJ Trail Status

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Hurricane Sandy updates:

Today 22 awesome volunteers came out and worked 116 hours with Jorba at Ringwood State Park. Shepherds Lake to Skyline Dr is clear of fallen and up rooted trees. A few new re-routes as well. Thanks volunteers! Enjoy the trails!

Ellen

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pixy View Post
    Hurricane Sandy updates:

Today 22 awesome volunteers came out and worked 116 hours with Jorba at Ringwood State Park. Shepherds Lake to Skyline Dr is clear of fallen and up rooted trees. A few new re-routes as well. Thanks volunteers! Enjoy the trails!

Ellen
    Unfortunately, I have to work Sundays or I would have been more than happy to help out.

I rode at Ringwood with a friend of mine this past Saturday and we were blown away with the work that was put in to getting the trails back to rideable condition.

Thanks to everyone involved!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I rode in Allamuchy a week ago, the trails were in bad shape with huge trees down on most of the north facing slopes. It took me 3 hours to do 12 miles, which was probably half walking around blowdowns.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shreddr View Post
    I rode in Allamuchy a week ago, the trails were in bad shape with huge trees down on most of the north facing slopes. It took me 3 hours to do 12 miles, which was probably half walking around blowdowns.
    If anyone is riding, please take a map along with them and mark down where the trees are down and how severe it is (i.e. climb over, off trail re-route, total FUBAR). This info can then be passed along to the JORBA leads. Consider it recon.

I have been doing that with Stephens so Steve Filipponi and I can plan where to concentrate the voluteer resources.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allamuchy Joe View Post
    If anyone is riding, please take a map along with them and mark down where the trees are down and how severe it is (i.e. climb over, off trail re-route, total FUBAR). This info can then be passed along to the JORBA leads. Consider it recon.

I have been doing that with Stephens so Steve Filipponi and I can plan where to concentrate the voluteer resources.
    what about deer park section of alamuchy i heard it is not too bad,,, was on pat's path today for a few miles near speadwell only a couple of large timbers had not been cleared.
    Look to where the river ends, or where the river starts...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkmacman View Post
    what about deer park section of alamuchy i heard it is not too bad,,, was on pat's path today for a few miles near speadwell only a couple of large timbers had not been cleared.
    I had heard that Deer Park has a Sasquatch size beaver that has taken on the responsibility of removing excess trees from the trails.

All kidding aside, I was there on Sunday for a quick tour. Looks as if someone has cleared the majority of the outside "White" trail with the exception of three very large blow downs; 2 could be cleared by a trained tree guy/gal and one is total FUBAR. There are other trails that are 75% cleared, therefore giving us guests the flexibility to put in a solid loop with minimal stops.

There is a buzz on the "other" site about a ride this Sunday (12/2).
    Nothing really witty to say..........

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Hammond View Post
    I had heard that Deer Park has a Sasquatch size beaver that has taken on the responsibility of removing excess trees from the trails.

All kidding aside, I was there on Sunday for a quick tour. Looks as if someone has cleared the majority of the outside "White" trail with the exception of three very large blow downs; 2 could be cleared by a trained tree guy/gal and one is total FUBAR. There are other trails that are 75% cleared, therefore giving us guests the flexibility to put in a solid loop with minimal stops.

There is a buzz on the "other" site about a ride this Sunday (12/2).
    i am taking out mtb tomorrow either tounre or lewis morris
    Look to where the river ends, or where the river starts...

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    didn't even think about park conditions and drove to tourne a few weeks ago - closed

anyone know the status over there now? probably too wet to ride this weekend anyway....

lewis morris open?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Allamuchy North Trail Maintenance Sunday Dec. 9th

mtbr member
    Lewis Morris was generally clear last weekend, the website has not been updated as if it's officially open, but the gates were not closed/locked.
    Hartshorne's page was updated yesterday and now says all trails are open. I'm looking forward to going there next weekend when I return from my trip.

mtbr member
    Deer Park is about 90% open. Looks as if only a few minor trails have a couple of trees to be addressed.
    Nothing really witty to say..........

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Hammond View Post
    Deer Park is about 90% open. Looks as if only a few minor trails have a couple of trees to be addressed.
    I rode there today, it's in great shape, nice work to whoever was manning the chainsaws. Thanks

Make some music
    Sep 2004

Lots of work getting done!

And a thanks to all the awesome people who have been out doing work at Allamuchy, Deer Park, and Stephens.

Additionally some have been working very hard at Mahlon, thumbs up. I had the opportunity to do a massive amount of Adopt-A-Trail work there this week as well.
    J.O.R.B.A. More than just tm. WWW.JORBA.ORG

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratocaster View Post
    And a thanks to all the awesome people who have been out doing work at Allamuchy, Deer Park, and Stephens.

Additionally some have been working very hard at Mahlon, thumbs up. I had the opportunity to do a massive amount of Adopt-A-Trail work there this week as well.
    And thanks to you, Steve for your MASSIVE efforts in Stephens. That goes for all the time you have spent in there, not just after Sandy.

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    What the word on the south jersey trails?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    What the word on the south jersey trails?
    Ceres, GCC, Kresson, CCC, Estell and the mtb loops at Belleplain and Wharton are all open.

mtbr member
    Deer park is 100% clear of all fallen trees

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2