Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

NJ Roll Call and Pic Request

6K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  speedking 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Jerseyans:

Post a picture of what you ride and where you tend to ride.

I'll start...

Mergs (but Momma calls me Jeff) ;)
West Milford

Ride Ringwood, Skyline, Wawayanda, and some other trails I'm not at liberty to discuss ;)

Here's both my rides:

See less See more
#2 ·
Capt_phun
real name Dan
Lake Hiawatha, NJ (morris county)
Ride all over nj mostly hartshorne, lewis morris, Kittatinny park, New England Route 66 race series (singlespeed baby!)

Here are my rides:

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
Central NJ

John is my name.

I run the TM and patrol groups for Mercer County Park in West Windsor.
www.angelfire.com/nj2/smart17

I ride a 2001 Santa Cruz Superlight, 2001 Soma Groove steel hardtail, 1992 Litespeed rigid SS, and a 2004 Specialized Allez Elite steel road bike.

I drive a 1997 Saab 900SE coupe (manual), 98K.

Where - regularly:Mercer County Park (of course), Clayton, Allamuchy, Hartshorne, Wawayanda, Round Valley, Sourland (Hillsborogh).

Other places I've ridden: Mahlon Dickerson, Chimney Rock, French Creek & Jim Thorpe (PA), Davis (WV), Crested Butte & Fruita (CO), and Moab, Torrey, Bryce & Zion (UT).

Regards & good riding all!

JMJ

Attachments

#10 ·
Superstar.NJ said:

I would rather paddle than peddle but when I'm not in a big peice of tupperware a Giant Warp will do the trick. Allamuchy and Dickerson are the usual suspects .Deer Park Kittatiny and Stokes aint half bad either

Mike

Let it rain :D
awesome pic. a great sport! i have been meaning to take that up for years now, but dang, i barely have time for riding... :)

where is that photo taken?

#11 ·
you must have had a lot of fun peddling through puddles last year.I swear it rained every Friday.And I'm not talking about these piddly showers we've been getting lately.Well at least the Adirondacks have been getting hammered .5 hours of driving fun this weekend as I continue to chase the rain.

Rain or shine there's always something to do

Mike

#13 ·
No pics, lots of riding

The usual North Jersey stuff. Regular at Mahlon Dickerson, frequently ride Kittatinny and Allamuchy (both parts), the Tourne, Lewis Morris, trails throughout Rockaway Township, some legal, some not so legal but since I've been riding them for close to 50 years, I do not intend to stop now. I'm a regular at Jim Thorpe, try my hand at Mountain Creek, Plattekill, Mt. Snow, have spent a week riding in West Virginia and just plain like to ride.

Bikes? Yeah, I have bikes. Main ride is an Independent Fabrication steel Deluxe plus a GT I-2.0, an old Cannondale roadbike and my FrankenZaskar which sometimes gets ridden and sometimes serves as a source for spare parts.

Wife rides a GT Avalance, two sons have BMX's and a couple of GT hardtails.

LBS? Whippany Cycle

Car? Yes.

Getting late so I'll be packing it in and going home shortly. Gotta' love these hours. Will be riding Mahlon Dickerson or the Tourne tonight.

See ya'
REV

#15 ·
I'm in the great mountains of Southern New Jersey :rolleyes: I have a 2003 Jamis Exile, no pics yet. I ride mostly in PA. I'm new to moutain biking but have now ridden at Valley Forge, Wissihickon, Jim Thorpe, Blue Marsh, and a few more I can't recall at the moment. I'm going to Vermont in a week to do a group ride with a friend and his online buddies, really looking forward to that!! I wish I lived up in NW Jersey so I could ride those trails! I envy you guys who do! It's my favorite area of Jersey. (I used to live in the Morristown area many, many years ago).

#16 ·
so how well do you know the Rutgers trial?

nismosr said:
hi im new to this site and my 2nd year riding mostly chimney rock, rutgers and round valley last year. sold my kona hard taill
and tryin a full suspension this year. my new ride a left over 2003 Specialized Enduro expert which i got last thurs from a LBS.
I was there once but didn't know the trail. If you still ride there let me know. I would like to learn that trail.

#18 ·
nismosr said:
which one the chimney rock ? im not too good either on directions but what i do is follow the sign mostly the white square .. hehehe i was there last sat. for an hour.
Well, I've been to the Rock several times, I don't know the trails too well, but well enough to know that after riding for a while, you'll end up somewhere.
I was refering to the Rutgers Kilmer reserve trail. It says there is about 10 miles of trail in there but I highly doubt it.

#19 ·
srlai001 said:
Well, I've been to the Rock several times, I don't know the trails too well, but well enough to know that after riding for a while, you'll end up somewhere.
I was refering to the Rutgers Kilmer reserve trail. It says there is about 10 miles of trail in there but I highly doubt it.
oh that i dont think thats 10 miles of riding, ,more like 3-5 miles .. not as fun as the Rock.but if ur into freeride they have some courses jumps made up. ive met some guys doin jumps and watch them play around. cool stuff

#22 ·
Oh and laugh all you want just because i didn't spend a grand on a bike dosen't mean i can't have fun.
As far as i'm concerned my bike is the best of the bottom of the barrel

well actually you're probably laughing because i still have reflectors on it.
And I got it from sports authority not wallmart.

also i'm only 17 not to bad if i do say so myself.

#23 ·
ran92 said:
Oh and laugh all you want just because i didn't spend a grand on a bike dosen't mean i can't have fun.

Dude, fock the elitest snobs, don't pay them any attention. It doesn't matter how much you spend, its what you get outta riding that's important. true, my bike is aroudn $3k but does that mean i can ride better or am more deserving of a trail? naw....

you don't have to buy what they're selling man ;)

#24 ·
relax..

ran92 said:

hello ran92.. not for nothing dude but i didn't see anyone flame you or your bike. in my opinion the people that post on this board are some of the most down to earth people you could ever meet! in fact i think that you're more likely to get heat from this crowd if you've got a nice bike and you're afraid to ride it or get it dirty! anyway, nice bike, nice truck.. nice trail! :)

phat

#25 ·
No one is laughing

ran92 said:

Where you got it and how much you paid doesn't matter. You could pay $100 or $3000 as long as you are having fun that's what counts. I'm going to be down the shore in the next couple of weeks, I'll let you know when, maybe we can hook up for a ride at Allaire or Hartshorne

#26 ·
ran92 said:

I don't give a rat's arse what ya ride kid, just glad you're ridin. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.