Thread: Nice ride

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Nice ride

Hey folks. While I've been riding Jersey trails for quite a few years now,but I'm looking for something a bit different then what Im use to. I usually try to ride fast,techy trails in S.J.,Del,Phila, but I'm trying to get my girl to start riding with me so I need to switch it up a little until she gets some skills. She's very athelitic & fit,but has no time on a bike so I was wandering what was out there that had some nice scenery,maybe some rolling hills(nothing too steep yet) something that would keep her interested and haviung a good time. I dont mind traveling a bit,but it would be nice to keep it within 1 1/2 drive time. Thx in advance guys/girls!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Carn you can take her for a ride around Penny Packer Park and Hopkins pond in Haddonfield. There is also Crow's woods in Haddonfield next to the speedline. CCC is pretty flat as I'm sure you know. You can also try Batsto it's very flat.

mtbr member
    CCC is pretty flat as I'm sure you know.
    I'll be riding camden this week-end, it drains well, I may check out gloucester college too, ceres will be muddy

Southerner In NJ
    Feb 2009
    I'm not sure exactly where 1 1/2 would put you at, but a few suggestions in Central Jersey I might make would be:

Allaire which is one of my favs.
    Six Mile
    Mercer County Park

I might suggest if you get the oppurtunity to bring her to one of the Tuesday Night Beginner rides at Allaire that are held by JORBA.

Also try checking out the trail directory at MTBNJ.com lots of info on trails there and a great place to meet others and hook up for rides.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Hey guys thx for the replies and advice. All were great. I've had her hiking/walking at both CCC and Ceres. She said she would give them both a try and she how she liked it. I've ridden Mercer and was thinking that might be a good,thx for the reassurence on that one. As far as Allaire and Six Mile I 've never been to either,and have always heard good things about both. Maybe this will be my excuse to check them out. Thx again guys. Keep the options coming!

JORBA
    You could try Clayton which is near Mercer and is also a lot of fun. It's got some hills, wide singletrack, and is about a 5 mile loop.

If you want a tour of Allaire you could PM me and I'll show ya around.
    Frank Harms
    JORBA President
    frank at jorba.org

mtbr member
    10:00am JAR Skills Clinic SeriesWhenSat, May 9, 10am – 12pmWhereGloucester County College (map)DescriptionMonthly, free MTB skills clinic sponsored by Danzizen & Quigley (www.dandq.com). Free event. Please RSVP to jartread@aol.com. Helmet is required. more details» copy to my calendar
    i can't make it to gcc at this time, but you and your gal friend might want to check it out