Tough Guy Extraordinaire

New Brunswick Area Rides

I'm going to be in New Brunswick for a few days next week and wanted to know if there is any nice single track within a reasonable distance? I will be tied up until about 5pm, so I would rather not have to run to far.

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Six Mile. Or you can hop out 287 and hit Chimney Rock. But I'd go to Six Mile.
    I love my mtb. It helps me see the world in beautiful colors. Like brown, blue, brown, blue, brown, blue...

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    Is six mile pretty easy to figure out?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I've been there twice, so I don't exactly have it wired, but it doesn't seem too hard to find your way around. You could try looking at the review. Also, check out the thread 'Great ride at Six Mile.' Several of the guys posting in that thread know the trails there very well.
    I love my mtb. It helps me see the world in beautiful colors. Like brown, blue, brown, blue, brown, blue...

mtbr member
    I am trying to get a ride at Six Mile tomorrow (friday 09/07/07) keep checking the forums out.
    "hit hard, hit fast, hit often HOOAH!!!!"

Blog of mine: http://mtnsprts.blogspot.com

lotto baby
    don't forget the RU preserve - it ain't the best, but it's right across the river in piscataway.

i live 1 mile from new brunswick in somerset - chimney isn't too far, six mile is close, the sourlands (my favorite in the area) is a bit further, but well worth the trip. if you get out at five, you can easily do all of these before the sun goes down at this point in the year.
    i spurt in the wind, and the wind drug it

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    How far is Chimney, heard good stuff about that place and would really like to check it out!

lotto baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmack
    How far is Chimney, heard good stuff about that place and would really like to check it out!
    i think its 9 miles in total. if you are leaving at around 5, the roads will be pretty backed up. i go one of two ways - easton ave to 287N to 22E or easton ave right through south bound brook and bound brook. generally, i think the 287N route is the lesser of two evils at rush hour(s).

lotto baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmack
    by the way - what time/day are you thinking about heading out?

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    between 4:30 and 5:00

www.mtbnj.com
    Jul 2005
    check out the trail directory at www.mtbnj.com, and you will be able to get trail maps, gps info and driving directions to the trails you were asking about. you should also check in with Halter's Cycles (732-329-9022) for 6-Mile information. JDog and his crew maintain and ride those trails, and they have a fantastic shop, to boot.